Charts Discussion Thread - Hold My Hand - out now!

PanPikus

Pop-a-911-ster 37,989
On 5/17/2022 at 8:14 PM, Fame Romance said:

The way with no main promo à la SuperBowl/hit movie we’re back to MR days after the blockbuster that ASIB was

Incredibly stable career :stable:

This is still a soundtrack song for a movie that isn't out

Hold your horses :stable: missie 

Popster to Popster 3,741
On 5/17/2022 at 8:51 PM, Gagacharts said:

"Chromatica" has surpassed 3.1B streams on Spotify and YouTube (official uploads).

• Spotify - 2.090.336.505
  • YouTube - 1.012.591.876

Total - 3.102.928.381

YAY!!!!!!!!!!! CHROMATICA is STILL A SMASH!!!! and imagine the streams it'll get after the Chromatica Ball 😍😍

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 22,358
On 5/17/2022 at 4:14 PM, emig_09 said:

Tom Cruise loves spanking people so Bobby... well... we know... if he does things wrong... 1+1=2

so he will keep getting things wrong then :lesson:

• lol 3

Popster to Popster 3,390
On 5/17/2022 at 2:11 PM, HoldMyOreos said:

bingo :icant:

I'm just frustrated because HMH should have been an easy top 10 hit for her. Instead of releasing it on a Friday at the start of a tracking week at the end of April before all the album bombs, they dropped it on a random Monday night in May. Plus, all the album bombs for the rest of the month basically make it incredibly hard for the song to climb up the charts. Everything is working against this song and it could have easily pulled a Stupid Love and had a cute week in the top 10 had her team worked the system. 

God knows how long it'll be until she drops more music, and by then she'll be 38-40 and radio will for sure not touch her at all. I just want her to nab a few more hit singles before her star power fades. 

Edited by ConnorFilm
  • paws up 2
  • sad 1
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,011
On 5/17/2022 at 9:47 PM, ConnorFilm said:

I'm just frustrated because HMH should have been an easy top 10 hit for her. Instead of releasing it on a Friday at the start of a tracking week at the end of April before all the album bombs, they dropped it on a random Monday night in May. Plus, all the album bombs for the rest of the month basically make it incredibly hard for the song to climb up the charts. Everything is working against this song and it could have easily pulled a Stupid Love and had a cute week in the top 10 had her team worked the system

. God knows how long it'll be until she drops more music, and by then she'll be 38-40 and radio will for sure not touch her at all. I just want her to nab a few more hit singles before her star power fades. 

Everything has been mega weird with this release, specially the release date 

• sad 1

Popster to Popster 3,390
On 5/17/2022 at 2:49 PM, ViviLittleM said:

Everything has been mega weird with this release, specially the release date 

I just don't get it. It shouldn't be this hard. For as much as we crap on Bobby, they had a lot of stuff planned that allowed Stupid Love to debut in the top 5 despite leaking a month in advance. Apple ads and a sponsorship, dropping the music video and song on the same day, which was the beginning of a tracking week. Throwing the song on a bunch of playlists and putting it on TTH. They've shown they can work the system, so there must be something else going on here. Perhaps Paramount had a bunch of weird demands for the song and how it could be released, because Interscope even did a better job dropping Shallow back in 2018. 

A Popster Is Born 12,045
On 5/18/2022 at 1:23 AM, ConnorFilm said:

I just don't get it. It shouldn't be this hard. For as much as we crap on Bobby, they had a lot of stuff planned that allowed Stupid Love to debut in the top 5 despite leaking a month in advance. Apple ads and a sponsorship, dropping the music video and song on the same day, which was the beginning of a tracking week. Throwing the song on a bunch of playlists and putting it on TTH. They've shown they can work the system, so there must be something else going on here. Perhaps Paramount had a bunch of weird demands for the song and how it could be released, because Interscope even did a better job dropping Shallow back in 2018. 

Maybe they just don’t care about it being a hit I guess. It’s a side project anyway. Shallow was different because it was Gaga’s own movie.