Charts Discussion Thread - Hold My Hand - out now!

PanPikus

Popstanne 6,056

HMH wouldn’t have been top 10 on a normal week with the stats it debuted with though :bigbird: 

If you adjust its sales streams and radio that it got in its first 7 days it aint touchin top 10 :bigbird:

• sad 1

Popster to Popster 3,400
On 5/17/2022 at 2:56 PM, Adarsh said:

Maybe they just don’t care about it being a hit I guess. It’s a side project anyway. Shallow was different because it was Gaga’s own movie.

Her team should try to make every song she drops a hit. She doesn't have a lot of chances left. If this song flops, her a** better go in the studio with Bad Bunny, BTS or Lil Nas X. I won't stan for FAD to be an actual FAD. 

Edited by ConnorFilm

A Popster Is Born 12,045
On 5/18/2022 at 1:25 AM, zoldyck said:

Tom when asked about "Hold My Hand" next time on red carpet 

I Dont Know Her GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Lmao please. Even if it’s the biggest flop, he won’t stop singing its praises because the song helped them fix the movie like he said in an interview. Gaga did her job well, now Interscope needs to do theirs.

Popster to Popster 3,400
On 5/17/2022 at 2:57 PM, Arturo said:

HMH wouldn’t have been top 10 on a normal week with the stats it debuted with though :bigbird: 

If you adjust its sales streams and radio that it got in its first 7 days it aint touchin top 10 :bigbird:

Ok, but a #42 is still better than an #82. You know what I mean. They haven't done any favors for this song the way they've released it so far. 

A Popster Is Born 17,021

The fact that the ad with the song aired once in Japan and once in Ireland and they called it a day since then

https___static.t-cdn.net_5f055626a4cfac0

ASIB had 39 different commercials with the songs running before release

• sad 2
  • lol 4

Popster to Popster 3,400
On 5/17/2022 at 2:59 PM, Gypsy Life said:

The fact that the ad with the song aired once in Japan and once in Ireland and they called it a day since then

ASIB had 39 different commercials with the songs running before release

I already miss the days of tracking ROM back in 2020. spacer.png

• hugs 1
  • lol 1

Popster to Popster 3,400

For the record, I know I'm being dramatic, but I just dropped $450 to see this b*ch live. The least she can do is try to make HMH a hit before I see her perform it live. spacer.png

• thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 54,071
On 5/17/2022 at 10:02 PM, ConnorFilm said:

I already miss the days of tracking ROM back in 2020. spacer.png

When we believed in top 10 summer residency only for it to abandon it after 4 weeks :mess:

When it got pulled from Pop radio and we knew its chart run would be underwhelming, literal PTSD :shakes:

Pop-a-911-ster 37,993
On 5/17/2022 at 9:03 PM, ConnorFilm said:

For the record, I know I'm being dramatic, but I just dropped $450 to see this b*ch live. The least she can do is try to make HMH a hit before I see her perform it live. spacer.png

How does HMH being a hit or not affect your concert experience? 

:katy:

I also want her to have a hit though for sure

• thanks 2

Popster to Popster 3,400
On 5/17/2022 at 3:08 PM, HoldMyOreos said:

How does HMH being a hit or not affect your concert experience? 

:katy:

I also want her to have a hit though for sure

Because I want the crowd to actually know the song and singalong. :katy:

Popster to Popster 3,400
On 5/17/2022 at 3:07 PM, Fame Romance said:

When we believed in top 10 summer residency only for it to abandon it after 4 weeks :mess:

When it got pulled from Pop radio and we knew its chart run would be underwhelming, literal PTSD :shakes:

At least it spent a month in the top 10 and overseas, the song did GREAT in Canada, Australia, UK, etc. HMH wishes for that. 

Popstanne 8,865
On 5/18/2022 at 1:07 AM, Fame Romance said:

Honesty it wasn't so bad especially after experiencing chart runs of perfect illusion, million reasons, cure, stupid love, Chromatica and now Hold My Hand

Ever since becoming stan, Shallow, ASIB and ROM have been the most non-PTSD runs

Edited by zoldyck
  • paws up 1

Popstanne 6,056

Not sure why there’s conversation about her team not wanting it to be a hit. :bigbird: 

A Soundtrack song that an artists team wouldnt want to take off does not get the kind of radio push HMH is getting pre-movie :bigbird: 

Edited by Arturo
  • thanks 2

Pop-a-911-ster 54,071
On 5/17/2022 at 10:11 PM, ConnorFilm said:

At least it spent a month in the top 10 and overseas, the song did GREAT in Canada, Australia, UK, etc. HMH wishes for that. 

Yeah, one of the best things about ROM was it becoming Ariana’s bigger chart hit in the UK and one of her biggest in Canada, Australia, Europe 

#ThankYouGlobalGa

Popster to Popster 3,400
On 5/17/2022 at 3:14 PM, Fame Romance said:

Yeah, one of the best things about ROM was it becoming Ariana’s bigger chart hit in the UK and one of her biggest in Canada, Australia, Europe 

#ThankYouGlobalGa

Yes. She may have helped the song in the US, but the opposite was true overseas. Gaga's global appeal helped Ari gain a true worldwide hit. 

Popster to Popster 4,826

A true losing will be if the song flops while the movie is out, now is way too early to say anything about its future. For me is clear that they want to wait for the movie to give the song its proper promo, if they dont do this then maybe HMH's purpose was just to be a side project that Gaga decided to do for the movie (but I highly doubt) 

Popstanne 8,865
On 5/18/2022 at 1:16 AM, LGMonster95 said:

A true losing will be if the song flops while the movie is out, now is way too early to say anything about its future. 

the song isn't going anywhere unless it get playlisting. We might get some green updates on kworb during release week but for lasting effect, its need to be on playlists. That how hits are made in streaming era

• paws up 1
  • thanks 2

Popster to Popster 3,400
On 5/17/2022 at 3:18 PM, zoldyck said:

the song isn't going anywhere unless it get playlisting. We might get some green updates on kworb during release week but for lasting effect, its need to be on playlists. That how hits are made in streaming era

This. Maybe they did release the song the way they did so it could have decent airplay on radio by the time the film dropped, but that only does so much in the age of streaming. This needs serious support on AM, Spotify, etc. 

• thanks 1

Popster to Popster 4,826
On 5/17/2022 at 11:18 PM, zoldyck said:

Which is why I mentioned promo (which also includes playlisting)