“The Fame” originally titled “Lady Gaga”?

Popster This Way 623
Posted (edited)

I was checking versions of the fame when I came across this:

https://www.discogs.com/release/12262656-Lady-Gaga-Lady-Gaga

It’s an official promo CD and was released before official album release, and shows titles that were finished at that point but later slightly changed. Plus, included some unreleased plus some demo version. My question is: does anyone here know if the album was originally called “The Fame” for commercial performance or was it originally titled “Lady Gaga”?

Edited by BadGurlMadge

• MusicNfun changed the title to “The Fame” originally titled “Lady Gaga”?
A Popster Is Born 15,735

one thing I don't like about TF is I feel the best tracks are all in the beggining, this tracklist would spread them out and maybe make for a better listening 

Popster This Way 818
On 5/9/2022 at 9:35 PM, HoldMyOreos said:

that's interesting, I actually like it as a title but The Fame >>>>>

i agree with you!

• paws up 1

Popster This Way 623
On 5/9/2022 at 9:36 PM, HoldMyOreos said:

one thing I don't like about TF is I feel the best tracks are all in the beggining, this tracklist would spread them out and maybe make for a better listening 

Spoiler

Disco Heaven tho omg should’ve been a single it’s so good

Anyhow, isn’t it basically two albums put together? From the 07 and 08 sessions, Boys Boys Boys was finished after initial album release too etc so it was just a project that kept on getting songs on it every now and then

• paws up 1

The Fame Popster 373

I don't think a sleeveless promo CD w/ just the artist's name suggests an alt. album title. After all, her name is the main focus and the title is basically non-existent on the standard CD. Interscope probably quickly threw this together since the song titles are grammatically all over the place. 

• paws up 1