Pokémon Thread

Dean Judaster

Detective Pikachu Reaction GIF

Gotta catch 'em all. Rate, hate, debate!

When did you start playing? What's your favorite Pokémon? Which generation or game is your favorite? Do you watch the animé? Do you collect merch? Do you play sidegames?

• paws up 2
  • yaas, gaga 2

Kindness Admin 6,892

I've been playing since forever, but I've only put in a few hours into the new game so far. I've been feeling Poke-fatigue for the past few gens and it's only been increasing. I was hoping the two games this year would've made me fall in love again, but so far, it has not.

Wait, let's do OG starter:

bulbasaur GIF

• paws up 1

On 12/14/2022 at 2:05 PM, admin said:

I've been playing since forever, but I've only put in a few hours into the new game so far. I've been feeling Poke-fatigue for the past few gens and it's only been increasing. I was hoping the two games this year would've made me fall in love again, but so far, it has not.

Wait, let's do OG starter:

bulbasaur GIF

Great taste. I took a break from gen 8, and finished Sword just before S/V release. The glitch and bugs of Scarlet has turned me off lol

• paws up 1

On 12/14/2022 at 4:29 PM, Hurem said:

New Pokémon are ugly

Correct. Or they're too toylike or belong to another franchise. Very few caught my attention this gen. My friend and I were supposed to play and trade but we both stopped playing fairly early.

On 12/14/2022 at 6:15 PM, Mr. V said:

I have only ever played pokemon go and pokemon unite. I'm an big fan of the latter. If anyone is playing unite hmu 

I took a break from Pokemon when unite happened. What is this game lmao like what format?

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 38,391

Before I was a Gaga stan refreshing Spotifycharts on a daily basis, I was a poké-stan refreshing serebii daily for hints/leaks of  a new generation. As a kid most nights before I went to sleep I would just drift off thinking about how the new pokémon/gym leaders/cities would look like! I've played every mainline game (some of them at least x20), and a lot of the spin-offs (my favourite being PMD:Explorers of Sky by far). I've basically been as obssessed with pokémon as I have with miss Gaga. 

As for the new generation: I've played through most of it, the game runs like absolute trash, obviously. It's unjustifiable, much like SL's music video. 

I still had a lot of fun playing it due to the open world, and a pokedex filled with new pokémons that I really enjoyed. Found a shiny swablu on my first playthrough which was major since Altaria is one of my favourite pokémon ever, and the shiny form is just gorgeous. Named him Sunrise. 

This thread is perfect!

Edited by BloodyOreo
  • paws up 2

On 12/14/2022 at 8:14 PM, BloodyOreo said:

As a kid most nights before I went to sleep I would just drift off thinking about how the new pokémon/gym leaders/cities would look like!

I've been making fakedexes and fake regions until college :icant:

• love 1

Pop-a-911-ster 38,391
On 12/15/2022 at 12:34 AM, Hurem said:

What are your favorite regions?

Mine are Hoenn and Sinnoh, no competition :giveup:

Unova and Sinnoh :giveup:

Unova storyline and pokédex, nothing will ever come close.

Sinnoh is just an epic region to traverse, and had a great post-game (miss those). 

ARTPOPster 1,577

I wasn’t a big fan of Pokémon until I started dating my boyfriend. He’s a huge fan of Pokémon. I started by getting into Pokémon Go, then played Pokémon Shining Pearl for like eight minutes:billie:, and now Pokémon Scarlet. 
My boyfriend is a Pokémon know it all and helps me out a lot. :romance:

• paws up 2

On 12/14/2022 at 8:34 PM, Hurem said:

What are your favorite regions?

Mine are Hoenn and Sinnoh, no competition :giveup:

Hoenn for the natural symmetry (Mt. Chimney and Sootopolis), and dive was great. 

On 12/14/2022 at 8:57 PM, BloodyOreo said:

Unova storyline and pokédex, nothing will ever come close

Unova storyline remains unmatched. The dex has flaws but I like that it's the largest we had. We never got another 100+ dex excluding gimmick formes.

I like Johto. Something about Ruins of Alph and Union Cave is very comfy. Galar's Wild Area is exciting.

• yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 38,391
On 12/15/2022 at 1:09 AM, Dean Spookchester said:

Hoenn for the natural symmetry (Mt. Chimney and Sootopolis), and dive was great. 

Unova storyline remains unmatched. The dex has flaws but I like that it's the largest we had. We never got another 100+ dex excluding gimmick formes.

I like Johto. Something about Ruins of Alph and Union Cave is very comfy. Galar's Wild Area is exciting.

Johto really is the most comfy season. It feels so soothing to play through it. 

• paws up 1

On 12/14/2022 at 9:11 PM, BloodyOreo said:

Johto really is the most comfy season. It feels so soothing to play through it. 

Yes, and when you first play through nighttime :giveup:

Or take your first step to Kanto :giveup:

• yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 38,391
On 12/15/2022 at 1:14 AM, Dean Spookchester said:

Yes, and when you first play through nighttime :giveup:

Or take your first step to Kanto :giveup:

The Johto+Kanto run makes me so nostalgic my gawwd. Going from Johto to Kanto is like coming back to the past. I need another dual gen. experience.

Edited by BloodyOreo
  • yaas, gaga 1

On 12/14/2022 at 9:13 PM, BloodyOreo said:

Well...

Except for Whitney's Miltank :icant: the opposite of soothing actually...

It took me a while to realize Mud Slap from Falkner helps our a lot. I don't remember how I beat her the first time actually

Pop-a-911-ster 38,391
On 12/15/2022 at 1:15 AM, Dean Spookchester said:

It took me a while to realize Mud Slap from Falkner helps our a lot. I don't remember how I beat her the first time actually

Just recently tried that with a wooper and still got beat to a pulp several times with rollout. :icant:

• admin changed the title to Pokémon Thread