Pokémon Thread

Dean Judaster

On 12/14/2022 at 9:22 PM, gagajandro25 said:

Is anyone else playing Pokémon Scarlet/Violet? I’ve been playing Pokémon Scarlet and learning a lot as I go, as well as a lot of help from my boyfriend.

I was and then the glitchy and slow fps turned me off :icant:

• sad 1

ARTPOPster 1,577
On 12/14/2022 at 7:23 PM, Dean Spookchester said:

I was and then the glitchy and slow fps turned me off :icant:

My boyfriend told me to save and close it then reopen it rather than saving and leaving it suspended. I was leaving it suspended after saving and apparently that was causing issues because memory leak. There are definitely frame rate issues and some glitches though. :bigbird:

On 12/14/2022 at 9:24 PM, BloodyOreo said:

Really can't blame you what a huge fat mess

On 12/14/2022 at 9:27 PM, gagajandro25 said:

My boyfriend told me to save and close it then reopen it rather than saving and leaving it suspended. I was leaving it suspended after saving and apparently that was causing issues because memory leak. There are definitely frame rate issues and some glitches though. :bigbird:

It's also because I like only a few new good designs. My favorites were also dexcut

Popster to Popster 4,971
On 12/15/2022 at 12:01 AM, BloodyOreo said:

LoA is fun and runs a lot better than SV

Enjoy!

Thank you!! I've played every main series game so far, and I've been kinda disappointed with every switch one

I loved US/UM so much (yh, I know it's an impopular opinion lol) but Let's Go/BDSP/SS all fell short for me

I have high hopes for LoA tho

• hugs 1

• admin changed the title to Pokémon Thread
Pop-a-911-ster 37,992
On 12/15/2022 at 3:41 AM, Lazz Monster said:

Thank you!! I've played every main series game so far, and I've been kinda disappointed with every switch one

I loved US/UM so much (yh, I know it's an impopular opinion lol) but Let's Go/BDSP/SS all fell short for me

I have high hopes for LoA tho

The game is visually very pretty (especially for pokémon standarts), it has some cool new battle mechanics and I love the new forms! Have fun! 

• love 1

What are your thoughts on regional gameplay gimmicks? I enjoy some of them like Z-moves and some of the dynamax, but I hate that it falsely bloats the new regional dex we get. And the distribution is always sh!t and almost always benefits those that are already strong.

Pop-a-911-ster 37,992
On 12/15/2022 at 9:48 AM, Dean Spookchester said:

What are your thoughts on regional gameplay gimmicks? I enjoy some of them like Z-moves and some of the dynamax, but I hate that it falsely bloats the new regional dex we get. And the distribution is always sh!t and almost always benefits those that are already strong.

I honestly liked mega-evolutions, and I think they should've kept them. Everything else sucks and feels overly gimmick-y. The fact that they never go into other generations also makes me automatically not care about it. 

Popster to Popster 4,971
On 12/15/2022 at 6:48 AM, Dean Spookchester said:

I mean, this is only true for Mega Evolution (and maybe z-moves as well), but Dynamax and terastallization are pretty democratic, cuz every pokemon can use it

Now, to answer your question, I absolutely hated Dynamax (one of the reasons I didn't really like SS), Z-moves were ok, Megas were my favorite (but i totally get your criticism)

Terastallization sounds very interesting tho (and it's visually appealing, something Dynamax definitely wasn't :icant:)

Popster to Popster 4,971
On 12/15/2022 at 7:07 AM, BloodyOreo said:

I honestly liked mega-evolutions, and I think they should've kept them. Everything else sucks and feels overly gimmick-y. The fact that they never go into other generations also makes me automatically not care about it. 

Megas kinds f*cked up competitive tho, everyone had to have a mega on their team if they wanted to have a chance

• paws up 1

On 12/15/2022 at 6:07 AM, BloodyOreo said:

The fact that they never go into other generations also makes me automatically not care about it. 

This I think is my biggest problem

On 12/15/2022 at 6:07 AM, Lazz Monster said:

I mean, this is only true for Mega Evolution (and maybe z-moves as well), but Dynamax and terastallization are pretty democratic, cuz every pokemon can use it

Now, to answer your question, I absolutely hated Dynamax (one of the reasons I didn't really like SS), Z-moves were ok, Megas were my favorite (but i totally get your criticism)

Terastallization sounds very interesting tho (and it's visually appealing, something Dynamax definitely wasn't :icant:)

On 12/15/2022 at 6:09 AM, Lazz Monster said:

Megas kinds f*cked up competitive tho, everyone had to have a mega on their team if they wanted to have a chance

Megas started this slippery slope so I am not as forgiving as many fans are. I can appreciate the concept but the execution and distribution is awful. They've been trying to outdo themselves each generational gimmick.

I like Dynamax because I love kaijus but I do hate the mechanic where wild Dynamax mons are sometimes overly difficult to deal with. Also Giga and Dyna should have switched names. Everyone can go giga (large) but few actually change appearances (dynamic).

I'm surprised you think Terastalizing is visually appealing, I think it looks too busy and with the graphics of SV, sometimes it's so hard to tell what the hats are trying to convey.

• paws up 2

Popster to Popster 4,971
On 12/15/2022 at 7:14 AM, Dean Spookchester said:

This I think is my biggest problem

Megas started this slippery slope so I am not as forgiving as many fans are. I can appreciate the concept but the execution and distribution is awful. They've been trying to outdo themselves each generational gimmick.

I like Dynamax because I love kaijus but I do hate the mechanic where wild Dynamax mons are sometimes overly difficult to deal with. Also Giga and Dyna should have switched names. Everyone can go giga (large) but few actually change appearances (dynamic).

I'm surprised you think Terastalizing is visually appealing, I think it looks too busy and with the graphics of SV, sometimes it's so hard to tell what the hats are trying to convey.

Pokemon becoming huge and only being able to do so in specific locations completely turned me off and made no sense to me

I particularly don't mind that there's a new one every game, I think it's a good way to keep the playthrough fresh and exciting (even though Dynamaxing failed spectacularly at that for me)

Well I haven't played SV yet, so I don't know how it looks in-game, but on YouTube it's simply beautiful 

Hey guys,

I lost my previous switch

problem is that all the Pokemon that I had transferred (all my teams I cumulated since diamond in 2006) are on my Pokemon Shield game. However it needs to be played on my lost switch in order to retrieve its data

Do you guys know what I can do ? I just can't believe I've lost ALL my Pokemon I have had by my side for this many years it makes me truly sad :bebe:

Edited by PerfectGUY
  • hugs 3

On 12/15/2022 at 7:13 AM, PerfectGUY said:

Hey guys,

I lost my previous switch

problem is that all the Pokemon that I had transferred (all my teams I cumulated since diamond in 2006) are on my Pokemon Shield game. However it needs to be played on my lost switch in order to retrieve its data

Do you guys know what I can do ? I just can't believe I've lost ALL my Pokemon I have had by my side for this many years it makes me truly sad :bebe:

I have no clue, sorry. I haven't even migrated my Y and Sun mons into Home. And DS no longer has support. So I don't know what to do to transfer them. My competitive built mons with their ribbons might be stuck for good as well. I was told if I transfer them from a DS that already has Home downloaded there might be hope, but I'm not too optimistic.