The Horror Movie Thread

Adarsh

A Popster Is Born 12,073
On 12/15/2022 at 10:39 PM, CherryPie said:

I love horror films too! My all time favourites are The Descent, Scream (original), Inside (that French movie about a pregnant woman) and The VVitch :love:

I’ve always wanted to watch Inside but never got to it. Maybe I should now!

Kindness Admin 6,892

Wait how has everyone seen and loved Malignant but me. I will watch this Xmas period.

My fave horror of the year has been Barbarian. I really liked Pearl and to a lesser extend X as well.

• paws up 1
  • love 1

Popster to Popster 3,191
On 12/15/2022 at 6:42 PM, MaryJaneHolland said:

I have to really appreciate the humor between the brutality. It was a great film really, just too much for me. I looove horror movies tho. Me and my bestie had a Saw evening where we watched every film but I fell asleep during the fifth one 

Yeah, also the score and photography were quite good for being a low budget movie, it's normal finding certain scenes too much but it's also the point of  a horror movie if you think about it, horrifying people.

'Saw' is cute but I never been a really big fan of it.

(Who you are from ATRL?)

Popster to Popster 3,191
On 12/15/2022 at 6:45 PM, admin said:

Wait how has everyone seen and loved Malignant but me. I will watch this Xmas period.

My fave horror of the year has been Barbarian. I really liked Pearl and to a lesser extend X as well.

Be careful in not reading spoilers or watch trailers video on Youtube, it's the best horror of the last year (if you like horror camp, it's genius).

A Popster Is Born 12,073
On 12/15/2022 at 11:15 PM, admin said:

Bill Skarsgård should’ve had more screen time in Barbarian. He’s so charming 

• yaas, gaga 2

Popster to Popster 3,191
On 12/15/2022 at 6:09 PM, CherryPie said:

I love horror films too! My all time favourites are The Descent, Scream (original), Inside (that French movie about a pregnant woman) and The VVitch :love:

Love it, France has done tones of good horror movies, but also movies in general, they returned at the top of the game when it comes to Europe.

• yaas, gaga 1

Kindness Admin 6,892
On 12/15/2022 at 12:48 PM, Leptine said:

Be careful in not reading spoilers or watch trailers video on Youtube, it's the best horror of the last year (if you like horror camp, it's genius).

NVM, I have seen it, ahahaha. It was good, I don't think I loved the ending tho.

A Popster Is Born 12,073
On 12/15/2022 at 11:19 PM, Leptine said:

Love it, France has done tones of good horror movies, but also movies in general, they returned at the top of the game when it comes to Europe.

When it comes to European cinema, I always prefer Italian movies over French tbh. Sophia Loren is my favourite actor for a reason :giveup:

• yaas, gaga 1

On 12/15/2022 at 6:47 PM, Leptine said:

Yeah, also the score and photography were quite good for being a low budget movie, it's normal finding certain scenes too much but it's also the point of  a horror movie if you think about it, horrifying people.

'Saw' is cute but I never been a really big fan of it.

(Who you are from ATRL?)

Im TSwiftie! Havent been that active on ATRL Im just always lurking

OT: The horrification of beloved cartoon characters is unnecessary and useless

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,191
On 12/15/2022 at 6:51 PM, Adarsh said:

When it comes to European cinema, I always prefer Italian movies over French tbh. Sophia Loren is my favourite actor for a reason :giveup:

Yeah Italy has been between the excellences of cinema since ever, Sophia Loren, Anna Magnani have been the first foreign women to win an Oscar, they're legend, but in the last years I have to admit the quality of Italian cinema has dropped a lot, whereas France returned higher, we have Paolo Sorrentino who is acclaimed but personally I'm not a fan.

Edited by Leptine
  • yaas, gaga 1
  • love 1

Popster to Popster 3,191
On 12/15/2022 at 6:50 PM, admin said:

NVM, I have seen it, ahahaha. It was good, I don't think I loved the ending tho.

Oh I thought you didn't, in general or you love it or not, it's the most discussed movie on the Horror section of ATRL for this reason.

The Popster 124

I’ma HYUGGE horror fan and in my humble but correct opinion Hereditary is the best horror movie

👏🏽👏🏽

i literally stopped living alone and posted a roommate required ad after watching it 👏🏽🍑🐔

• lol 3
  • love 1

Kindness Admin 6,892
On 12/15/2022 at 12:57 PM, Leptine said:

Oh I thought you didn't, in general or you love it or not, it's the most discussed movie on the Horror section of ATRL for this reason.

Yeah, I had just forgotten. I have a very terrible memory. Random fact: I have aphantasia - so I often need to be visually reminded or things.

I’ll need to go back and check out the ending to remember how I felt about it.

Most discussed, wow. I’ve become a diehard Jordan Peele fan over the past decade. 

• paws up 2

Kindness Admin 6,892
On 12/15/2022 at 1:00 PM, dwuwpartii said:

I’ma HYUGGE horror fan and in my humble but correct opinion Hereditary is the best horror movie

👏🏽👏🏽

i literally stopped living alone and posted a roommate required ad after watching it 👏🏽🍑🐔

That one moment really did me in. 

• yaas, gaga 1

The Popster 124
On 12/15/2022 at 11:31 PM, admin said:

That one moment really did me in. 

The ending was too much for me 

I covered all mirrors/tv screen/anything with reflection with tee shirts and slept with dance music on lmao 

• lol 1

A Popster Is Born 12,073
On 12/15/2022 at 11:26 PM, Leptine said:

Yeah Italy has been between the excellences of cinema since ever, Sophia Loren, Anna Magnani have been the first foreign women to win an Oscar, they're legend, but in the last years I have to admit the quality of Italian cinema has dropped a lot, whereas France returned higher, we have Paolo Sorrentino who is acclaimed but personally I'm not a fan.

I agree. I’m a huge fan of classic cinema so maybe I just associate Italy with those great movies and not the new ones lmao. Sophia Loren and Marcello Mastroianni are probably the most iconic on-screen couple ever. 

• paws up 1
  • love 1

Popster to Popster 3,191
On 12/15/2022 at 7:01 PM, admin said:

Yeah, I had just forgotten. I have a very terrible memory. Random fact: I have aphantasia - so I often need to be visually reminded or things.

I’ll need to go back and check out the ending to remember how I felt about it.

Most discussed, wow. I’ve become a diehard Jordan Peele fan over the past decade. 

I'm not his biggest fan but I do enjoyed his movie 'Get Out', 'Us' and 'Nope' were all good :applause:

Yeah most discussed because some users claim it's a masterpiece, other that is garbage there's no between with that movie :billie:

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 12,073
On 12/15/2022 at 11:35 PM, dwuwpartii said:

The ending was too much for me 

I covered all mirrors/tv screen/anything with reflection with tee shirts and slept with dance music on lmao 

And how about the ending music? I love it so much, I even play it to fall asleep. 

• shook 1

Popster to Popster 3,191
On 12/15/2022 at 7:06 PM, Adarsh said:

I agree. I’m a huge fan of classic cinema so maybe I just associate Italy with those great movies and not the new ones lmao. Sophia Loren and Marcello Mastroianni are probably the most iconic on-screen couple ever. 

Italian cinema is definitely between the most importants and acclaimed (despite the last years), we have tones of classics movies and legendary actors like the ones you mentioned, we have the record of most wins in best foreign movies at the Oscar :whatga:

• love 1

The Popster 124
On 12/15/2022 at 11:36 PM, Adarsh said:

And how about the ending music? I love it so much, I even play it to fall asleep. 

I didn’t notice it  :bradley: 
Is it  both sides now?

It’s giving Joanne vibes