The Horror Movie Thread

Adarsh

On 12/15/2022 at 4:04 PM, Adarsh said:

Omg Misery is one of my favourite movies too. And I’m so happy that Kathy Bates won best actress for it. What other movie genres do you like? 

Miss Bates being the last(or one of) to win for a horror film, you know we stan! Tho Toni Collette deserved for The Hereditary.

Im more fan of dramas, comedies, romantic movies, but I'll watch horror and action if Im in a mood

On 12/15/2022 at 4:06 PM, BloodyOreo said:

I loved Get Out+Us (hated Nope), The Others, Don't Breathe, Midsommar just to name a few. It's definitely one of my favourite genres, though I don't watch alone. Also loved the horror series «The Haunting of Hill-House» and «Marianne» from Netflix. Just recently went to see Smile at the cinema, it's a pretty solid by the numbers formulaic horror movie, nothing grounbreaking, but I enjoyed it. 

Wait, how could I forget The Haunting of Hill House - ive watched it a few months ago and it was one of the best mini series Ive seen in recent years, Mike Flanagan is an amazing writer and the acting was so good. Anyone who loves good horror should go and watch it 

• paws up 1
  • love 2

Popster to Popster 3,192
On 12/15/2022 at 8:24 PM, TITANE said:

I'm mad Mia GODth probably won't get an Oscar nom 

The Witch

Kind of expected sadly, there's often some surprise nomination at the Oscars but I doubt they will go with her, it's also a very camp performance that Academy tend to not like, maybe a BAFTA nomination which would be still a huge reward.

However she got an indipendent Spirit award nomination, it's not totally impossible that she can be the surprise nod at the Oscars but don't count on it.

• yaas, gaga 1

ARTPOPster 1,523

Does anyone else think "The Descent" (2005) is one of the best movies ever? It's the only horror movie that I've actually connected to on an emotional level

Edited by IJustWorkHere
  • paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1
  • love 1

A Popster Is Born 12,089
On 12/16/2022 at 9:28 PM, IJustWorkHere said:

Does anyone else think "The Descent" (2005) is one of the best movies ever? It's the only horror movie that I've actually connected to on an emotional level

I do love that movie! 

• paws up 1
  • love 1

A Popster Is Born 12,089
On 12/16/2022 at 6:17 PM, Leptine said:

Kind of expected sadly, there's often some surprise nomination at the Oscars but I doubt they will go with her, it's also a very camp performance that Academy tend to not like, maybe a BAFTA nomination which would be still a huge reward.

However she got an indipendent Spirit award nomination, it's not totally impossible that she can be the surprise nod at the Oscars but don't count on it.

I mean if they didn’t nominate Toni then Mia really has no chance. Toni is a previous nominee and her performance was probably the best of that year. 

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 12,089
On 12/16/2022 at 7:14 AM, OliverDespechao said:

YAASSS TO THIS THREAD OMG :prideheart:

We need one for LGBTQ+ movies/series atrl.gif

I can make that too if you want. I love film even more than music :prideheart:

• hugs 1

Popster to Popster 3,192
On 12/16/2022 at 8:40 PM, Adarsh said:

I mean if they didn’t nominate Toni then Mia really has no chance. Toni is a previous nominee and her performance was probably the best of that year. 

Although I would say that 'X'-'Pearl' is a lot more "digestible" than 'Hereditary' as movie, while 'Pearl' is more close to a 'Misery' kind of movie, 'Hereditary' would have never been touched by the Academy.

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,192
On 12/18/2022 at 8:55 AM, Adarsh said:

How many of these have y’all seen? I’m thinking of watching Resurrection today

https://variety.com/lists/best-horror-movies-2022/fresh/

Half of them more or less, I'm only checking the ones that are praised (not only by critic but audience) since I have also tv shows to keep it up and I don't have time also to see mid ones.

For example I haven't watched 'Crimes of the Future' or 'Men' from this list because I read too many negative reactions comments about them..

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 14,501
On 12/18/2022 at 4:55 AM, Adarsh said:

How many of these have y’all seen? I’m thinking of watching Resurrection today

https://variety.com/lists/best-horror-movies-2022/fresh/

ZERO :bebe::bebe: I'll save this list as references:prideheart:

Edited by OliverDespechao
  • love 1

ARTPOPster 1,523

I've been reading reviews of the new LGBTQ+ horror movie "They/Them" (They Slash Them)

It's horrible 

It takes place at a conversion camp with a killer on the loose

• sad 1
  • lol 2