Charts Discussion Thread,

little legend

Pop-a-911-ster 27,898

The problem was not the fact it got pushed back a month and half, but the fact it was pushed indefinitely (at the time) and we went crazy for a minth because they did not announce the final release date like two weeks before. I wonder if they got something out of releasing it 7 weeks later tbh

The Popster 196

My Bloody Mary vinyl from the German store arrived today! I thought it wouldn’t until August lol

Maybe it will chart in Germany again next week since the chart is revenue based 

Pop-a-911-ster 38,525
On 3/24/2023 at 1:24 PM, Andreu said:

The problem was not the fact it got pushed back a month and half, but the fact it was pushed indefinitely (at the time) and we went crazy for a minth because they did not announce the final release date like two weeks before. I wonder if they got something out of releasing it 7 weeks later tbh

They really thought covid was going away in just a few months and then when that didn't happen they were unable to adapt. I can't believe Bobby gave an interview about how hard it was to readapt to new circumstances only for nothing to happen for almost the entire era. 

• thanks 1

On 3/24/2023 at 2:33 PM, BloodyOreo said:

They really thought covid was going away in just a few months and then when that didn't happen they were unable to adapt. I can't believe Bobby gave an interview about how hard it was to readapt to new circumstances only for nothing to happen for almost the entire era. 

Only for him too. Every other artist kept finding ways. Only poor Bobe was devastated and well :tea:

• lol 1

Moderator 16,290
On 3/24/2023 at 5:21 AM, Leptine said:

Aside from this argument, I think Zendaya still looks too young and teeny for the role, I don't see in her the charisma and the legendary sex appeal Cleopatra was rumored to have, that was embodied perfectly by Elizabeth Taylor, majority of people still have her imagine on mind when they think to Cleaopatra, regardless if the ethnicity was correct or less.

Because it wasn't sex appeal that she had. She was a great conversationalist. The whole Cleopatra as a sex demon/ sex goddess thing was propaganda of the Romans, specifically of Octavian. Later poets just took that propaganda at face value and made their own fanfictions of Cleopatra. No contemporary source even said she were all that beautiful but that her mind was beautiful. She spoke at least half a dozen languages fluently :icant:

• shook 1

A Popster Is Born 17,165

Ya’ll should really keep in mind that we did have multiple publications claiming it was Gaga who refused to do more promo and it was not just Bobby giving up. Not saying Bobby is without fault but without Gaga’s approval, there’s only so much they could do.

Edited by DonnieDarko
  • paws up 5

Pop-a-911-ster 27,898
On 3/24/2023 at 3:01 PM, DonnieDarko said:

Ya’ll should really keep in mind that we did have multiple publications claiming it was Gaga who refused to do more promo and it was not just Bobby giving up. Not saying Bobby is without fault but without Gaga’s approval, there’s only so much they could do.

this 100%

I feel like fans have the natural tendency of taking the blame off their fave and even if sometimes Gaga (or any artist) depends on external factors, in most cases (like this one) she's the one who has the last word.

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 38,525
On 3/24/2023 at 2:01 PM, DonnieDarko said:

On 3/24/2023 at 2:03 PM, Andreu said:

this 100%

I feel like fans have the natural tendency of taking the blame off their fave and even if sometimes Gaga (or any artist) depends on external factors, in most cases (like this one) she's the one who has the last word.

A lot of things could've been done without Gaga but yeah maybe she just was that adamant about no one outside of her fanbase knowing about the existence of Chromatica 

• paws up 1

On 3/24/2023 at 10:01 AM, DonnieDarko said:

This. Ms. Ma'am is calling all the shots here. For some reason, Gaga did not want to promote this album, and little delulus need to accept it.  Case in point, Love For Sale got TONS of promo in comparison. Why? It was a passion project she felt passionately about. She will put in the work if and when she wants to. So let's all hope that whatever spark she wasn't feeling with Chroma was just a fluke, due to personal issues and turmoil in the world, and she's back to killing it for LG7. PERIOD. 

Spoiler

Once again, having to say it on this cult site. LG7 will be very telling, as far as where Gaga is at, pop music wise. Can't wait to see what happens! 

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 12,089
On 3/24/2023 at 7:30 PM, corvus albus said:

Because it wasn't sex appeal that she had. She was a great conversationalist. The whole Cleopatra as a sex demon/ sex goddess thing was propaganda of the Romans, specifically of Octavian. Later poets just took that propaganda at face value and made their own fanfictions of Cleopatra. No contemporary source even said she were all that beautiful but that her mind was beautiful. She spoke at least half a dozen languages fluently :icant:

But nowhere does it say that Cleopatra was a conventionally beautiful six foot model either. All the depictions show her as a chubby, short woman :icant:

• paws up 1

Moderator 16,290
On 3/24/2023 at 3:22 PM, Adarsh said:

But nowhere does it say that Cleopatra was a conventionally beautiful six foot model either. All the depictions show her as a chubby, short woman :icant:

tumblr_offg9kExpX1un7uhro2_250.gifv

On 3/24/2023 at 10:23 AM, 0606060 said:

Not him having to compile fan clips too cause we still don't have the filme

There are a thousand and one assumptions we can make about him posting this out of nowhere, and none of them are good. :icant:

• sad 1

• little legend changed the title to Charts Discussion Thread,
  • corvus albus locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic