The last of Us | HBO | Horror Drama

Leptine

Popster to Popster 3,192
On 3/4/2023 at 10:08 PM, OliverDespechao said:

to-you-bgc.gif

Reveal hidden contents

JKLeptine:prideheart:

I mean it's not really a bad thing, I prefer a show that gets better with episodes than one with amazing pilot and then it's not able to keep it up.

It made sense since it was introductive to the story, and it was in the same vein of tones of other shows like that like 'The Walking Dead', ecc, so it really didn't feel that big deal considering the big hype, but then the shows takes off with storyline, especially also the performances of the actors.

• hugs 1

Popster to Popster 3,192

Last episode truly had me shook, the show has been a continuing growing since the start and reaching new peaks of excellence, amazing.

Bella Ramsey deserves an Emmy and I'm sure she secured it with the last episode :clap3:

• hugs 1

The Fame Popster 439

I loved the entire series but I have mixed feelings with the season finale. Maybe it was too short and if it had been attached to episode 8, it would have made more sense. There was almost no momentum building, but I did tear up a bit with the final scene and the car scene. My fav episode is still pilot + episode 3 and 5. Can't wait for season 2!!!

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

Popster to Popster 3,192
On 3/14/2023 at 3:47 PM, LaMaterialista said:

I loved the entire series but I have mixed feelings with the season finale. Maybe it was too short and if it had been attached to episode 8, it would have made more sense. There was almost no momentum building, but I did tear up a bit with the final scene and the car scene. My fav episode is still pilot + episode 3 and 5. Can't wait for season 2!!!

I'm sure 8th and 9th episodes were an unique episode but it was definitely too long so they split it, because it didn't make sense doing a short finale like that. It was still good, but to be that short it was definitely part of the eight.

Loved the first season so far, it's not gonna easy maintain this high level for next season.

• hugs 1
  • love 1

• 2 weeks later...
Pop-a-911-ster 38,497

Finally finished watching the series @Leptine. The only episode I wasn't a huge fan of was the one with the cannibal community, since it felt like pointless trauma in a way. It was still a good episode it just felt unneeded somehow? idk if anyone agrees with this.

Ellie's backstory was phenomenal, one of my favorite episodes of the entire season. 

• paws up 1
  • shook 1

Pop-a-911-ster 38,497

I'd love to see more scary disturbing zombies in the future of this series not gonna lie. I get that it's focused on the characters, and it's great because of that, but a couple more spine-chilling monsters wouldn't hurt either. 

Popster to Popster 3,192
On 3/24/2023 at 3:00 PM, BloodyOreo said:

Finally finished watching the series @Leptine. The only episode I wasn't a huge fan of was the one with the cannibal community, since it felt like pointless trauma in a way. It was still a good episode it just felt unneeded somehow? idk if anyone agrees with this.

Ellie's backstory was phenomenal, one of my favorite episodes of the entire season. 

I loved that episode because it was an unexpected turn of events and Bella Ramsey served an amazing performance, it was strong and adrenalinic episode.

On 3/24/2023 at 3:01 PM, BloodyOreo said:

The finale wrecked me, very curious to see where the second season will be heading, since I didn't play the games I have no idea. 

I read that basically this first season is the entire game, so now they will have to invent new dynamics, it's not gonna be easy maintain this high level for this kind of show, there's a big risk of becoming repetitive like 'The Walking Dead'.

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 38,497
On 3/24/2023 at 2:56 PM, Leptine said:

I loved that episode because it was an unexpected turn of events and Bella Ramsey served an amazing performance, it was strong and adrenalinic episode.

I read that basically this first season is the entire game, so now they will have to invent new dynamics, it's not gonna be easy maintain this high level for this kind of show, there's a big risk of becoming repetitive like 'The Walking Dead'.

But I read there is a The Last Of Us Part II, which could inspire the second season

I guess whether it maintains the quality depends on if the source material is as good 

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,192
On 3/24/2023 at 5:28 PM, BloodyOreo said:

But I read there is a The Last Of Us Part II, which could inspire the second season

I guess whether it maintains the quality depends on if the source material is as good 

Honestly I have no idea, I've always avoided to search infos about the videogame because I am afraid to caught possible spoilers :scared: I'm not even reading the ATRL thread becaue it's full of spoilers on it.

A Popster Is Born 14,497
On 3/24/2023 at 11:00 AM, BloodyOreo said:

A Popster Is Born 14,497
On 3/24/2023 at 1:28 PM, BloodyOreo said:

On 3/24/2023 at 4:41 PM, Leptine said:

Honestly I have no idea, I've always avoided to search infos about the videogame because I am afraid to caught possible spoilers :scared: I'm not even reading the ATRL thread becaue it's full of spoilers on it.

yes, the part 2 of the game will  basically be the second season. Part 2 of the game was very controversial,  well received by the critics, hated it by the fans.

• paws up 1