The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

Pop-a-911-ster 20,438
On 5/7/2023 at 1:08 PM, monketsharona said:

Random thought : since Chromatica was out Taylor Swift released 3 albums Folklore, Evermore, Midnights. 3 re-recorded albums Fearless, Red and Speak Now (including exclusive outtakes). Plus a lot of material singles / tracks : Carolina, The Joker and The Queen, This Love (Taylor Version) etc etc... 

Her stats ares incredible but let's not pretend she's doing this just for the sake of creativity and love of music. Her fans coming for Gaga's numbers is funny when Gaga is barely doing anything to keep her stats good.

Literally no singer does it just for the love of music. Of course there are some that cares more about charts, but that doesn’t mean anything. Taylor stats are literally out of this world (75 songs pulling more than 300k daily for example) and everyone should accept that 

• thanks 7

Pop-a-911-ster 22,548
On 5/7/2023 at 8:25 AM, Matteo Remondi said:

Taylor stats are literally out of this world (75 songs pulling more than 300k daily for example) and everyone should accept that 

Agreed. I think it's a bit pointless to come for Taylor's numbers for streaming. Vocals, dancing, acting and stage presence, sure by all means as they are objectively something Taylor lacks. Gaga definitely outperforms Taylor in those aspects.

• paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 27,226
On 5/7/2023 at 1:19 PM, Mario Spears said:

ets talk About how WAP in nearly 3 years still hasn't reached 1B HAHAHAHAHAHA

It has:

Video - 500M

Auto gen. Audio - 341M

Audio - 301M

Radio Edit - 11M

Vevo Footnotes - 9M

Total - 1.162B

• paws up 2
  • love 1

On 5/7/2023 at 1:25 PM, Matteo Remondi said:

Literally no singer does it just for the love of music. Of course there are some that cares more about charts, but that doesn’t mean anything. Taylor stats are literally out of this world (75 songs pulling more than 300k daily for example) and everyone should accept that 

Oh I have zero problem to accept that Taylor is bigger than Gaga. It's quite obviously and it's not even subject to discussion. Anyone trying to deny this is in delulu world :whatga:

My point was that her fanbase coming for Gaga's numbers is totally wrong knowing she hasn't released any big music project since Chromatica and this one wasn't even big for her standards in terms of campaigning ( for some obvious reasons). It's not as if Gaga was even close to Taylor's involvement into her own music career.

We know that if Gaga would care a bit more to her music stats, she would easily push a strong era à la BTW in the 2020s, her medias public image is stronger than any times before. Even if the success would not hit as big as Taylor's, she would get a lot more regular streams / sales / hype with regular releases anyway. And Taylor's fans denying this are in delusion as well.

Edited by monketsharona
  • paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 11,844
On 5/7/2023 at 12:23 PM, Dean Judaster said:

And as a fan talking about music and not numbers, this isn't something I'd be happy about :peacega:

Gaga doing droplets and rereleasing would bomb just like Taylor’s OSTs and acting does, its just what is making her career thrive is in line with her base as well as her Spotify streams, unlike Gaga  who is more after acclaim e.g. jazz and award bait ballads her stans hate. Still, monsters could be more supportive on the whole

ARTPOPster 1,377

Gaga will never see Taylor numbers because as much as we think Chromatica is a 'safe' sounding record, nothing Gaga ever releases will be as safe as a Taylor Swift album. And that's totally fine, that's why I stan her at least. Arts not charts etc :leap:

• paws up 2
  • sad 1

Popster to Popster 3,774
On 5/7/2023 at 2:41 PM, 0606060 said:

Gaga will never see Taylor numbers because as much as we think Chromatica is a 'safe' sounding record, nothing Gaga ever releases will be as safe as a Taylor Swift album. And that's totally fine, that's why I stan her at least. Arts not charts etc :leap:

Agree 👏💯

On 5/7/2023 at 2:40 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Gaga doing droplets and rereleasing would bomb just like Taylor’s OSTs and acting does, its just what is making her career thrive is in line with her base as well as her Spotify streams, unlike Gaga  who is more after acclaim e.g. jazz and award bait ballads her stans hate. Still, monsters could be more supportive on the whole

Her fans are much more selective about what they will support or not. In 2014 Monsters had zero problem supporting CTC while letting LFS bomb hard in 2021.

Moderator 16,281
On 5/7/2023 at 2:46 PM, monketsharona said:

Her fans are much more selective about what they will support or not. In 2014 Monsters had zero problem supporting CTC while letting LFS bomb hard in 2021.

To be fair, L4S did increase by ca 10K copies during the week. It's just that not just her fans didn't care, but also the general audience. An unpromoted Jazz cover album with Tony Bennett was never going to sell well.

On 5/7/2023 at 2:59 PM, corvus albus said:

To be fair, L4S did increase by ca 10K copies during the week. It's just that not just her fans didn't care, but also the general audience. An unpromoted Jazz cover album with Tony Bennett was never going to sell well.

Totally true, but let's be honest fans didn't even tried a bit on this one. The amount of discussions, social medias and the stats on the posts about LFS on her fan accounts were objectively kind of tragic. 

Fans did better, even for some projects they were not even that much in love with in the first place... 

Popstanne 8,879
On 5/7/2023 at 5:46 PM, monketsharona said:

She lost good number of success stans during BTW/ARTPOP and then she lost good portion of dance fans during C2C/Joanne/ASIB.

As a fanbase we have shrinked a lot, we are far from extinction like kats and Christina fans but still we are not what we used to be. 

• paws up 3
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,886
On 5/7/2023 at 3:04 PM, monketsharona said:

fans didn't even tried a bit on this one

reminds me of someone :ohhh:

Spoiler

don't come for me i streamed the projecte a lot (I genuinely enjoyed it) and bought it on release day

Spoiler

but its kinda like what we were talking about Ed's album: it was not what her audience wants

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,226

All of Gaga´s auto generated audios together have surpassed 2.0B streams on YouTube. The most streamed ones are:

ARUTW - 196M

Shallow - 168M

Bad Romance - 93M

Poker Face - 82M

Rain On Me - 66M

They gain around 1.69M daily streams together

• paws up 7
  • love 1