The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 5/7/2023 at 3:41 PM, 0606060 said:

Gaga will never see Taylor numbers because as much as we think Chromatica is a 'safe' sounding record, nothing Gaga ever releases will be as safe as a Taylor Swift album. And that's totally fine, that's why I stan her at least. Arts not charts etc :leap:

Gaga doesn't need Taylor's numbers to shine because she's much more than just streams and chart stats, Taylor needs them because that's her most impressive thing by far, take away that and she'll be left with pretty much nothing (And I'm not trying to hit on her but It's kind of a fact). Gaga has both the stats and the talent and she's always going to be remembered for both things (outside of stan world the GP really doesn't care THAT MUCH for stats, my dad or mom for ex has no idea how many #1s someone like MJ had, they know that he was f*cking talented)

• paws up 3
  • sad 1

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 5/7/2023 at 4:40 PM, zoldyck said:

She lost good number of success stans during BTW/ARTPOP and then she lost good portion of dance fans during C2C/Joanne/ASIB.

As a fanbase we have shrinked a lot, we are far from extinction like kats and Christina fans but still we are not what we used to be. 

I don't think we have shrinked a lot, if that was the case then Gaga would have a problem with selling out her shows which is definitelly not the case (she's literally at her best here). Her fans are just not the most dedicated, I saw it myself on twitter that they didn't want to stream some of her songs/albums but if they want, they can trend stuff for her at any moment (like with Met Gala this year, Gaga was trending bc a lot of monsters was posting old pics from 2011 lol) 

Popstanne 8,884
On 5/7/2023 at 9:38 PM, LGMonster95 said:

I don't think we have shrinked a lot, if that was the case then Gaga would have a problem with selling out her shows which is definitelly not the case (she's literally at her best here). Her fans are just not the most dedicated, I saw it myself on twitter that they didn't want to stream some of her songs/albums but if they want, they can trend stuff for her at any moment (like with Met Gala this year, Gaga was trending bc a lot of monsters was posting old pics from 2011 lol) 

I disagree.

Her fanbase has indeed shrinked but casual listeners have expanded a lot thanks to ASIB/Tribute era. She did really amazing job at re-branding post ARTPOP. 

• paws up 3

Popstanne 9,587
On 5/7/2023 at 2:59 PM, corvus albus said:

To be fair, L4S did increase by ca 10K copies during the week. It's just that not just her fans didn't care, but also the general audience. An unpromoted Jazz cover album with Tony Bennett was never going to sell well.

To be fair, her pop albums lost streams and started decreasing after L4S release :icant:

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 5/7/2023 at 7:44 PM, zoldyck said:

I disagree.

Her fanbase has indeed shrinked but casual listeners have expanded a lot thanks to ASIB/Tribute era. She did really amazing job at re-branding post ARTPOP. 

IMO I think she still has a pretty strong fanbase, her rebranding did wonders for her and she also gained new fans from it

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 22,610
On 5/7/2023 at 2:29 PM, OliverDespechao said:

can we let this album die already

the fact we keep asking for longevity and this """FLOP""" album keeps trying to save its life but liddos want to kill it. Pick a side, ma'am.

tumblr_phjeh9KdRk1rx7qjuo4_500.gif

• thanks 2

A Popster Is Born 14,510
On 5/7/2023 at 1:35 PM, Dean Judaster said:

the fact we keep asking for longevity and this """FLOP""" album keeps trying to save its life but liddos want to kill it. Pick a side, ma'am.

tumblr_phjeh9KdRk1rx7qjuo4_500.gif

Kill it

On 5/7/2023 at 1:29 PM, OliverDespechao said:

not this again, can we let this album die already? 

I mean. You can trash fans demanding ACT 2, sure. It's entitled and a bit silly. But trashing fans for supporting a Gaga album? No ma'am. Don't be that person. :lesson:

• thanks 4
  • lol 1

The Fame Popster 429

Props to the fan campaign for ARTPOP. there's no an act II or anniversary release without good metrics

Edited by radio
  • paws up 3

A Popster Is Born 11,846
On 5/7/2023 at 1:41 PM, 0606060 said:

Gaga will never see Taylor numbers because as much as we think Chromatica is a 'safe' sounding record, nothing Gaga ever releases will be as safe as a Taylor Swift album. And that's totally fine, that's why I stan her at least. Arts not charts etc :leap:

To be blunt: the demand is there for Taylor’s music, she had much bigger stronger base and wider audience. She makes money from it, Gaga makes money through other mediums. and unfortunately, when she does appeal largely to her base the longevity is particularly tragic. See DoC. See them wanting act 2 when AP only pulls 400k daily. It’s about potential -which Gaga’s lies elsewhere. Taylor wouldn’t mass release if she had Gaga’s stats - no t no shade :katy:

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • paws up 2
  • sad 1
  • lol 1

The Popster 242
On 5/6/2023 at 8:07 PM, Dean Judaster said:

We need US monsters to stream and buy Shallow so it will reach diamond faster

So they can certify it once it hits 11x Platinum like they did with Just Dance :bradley:

• yaas, gaga 1