aespa announced

Nino

Moderator 6,288
2 minutes ago, Nino said:

If the most successful kpop idols actually have creative control, and the kpop system isn't a human rights abuse like it was in very few cases that were solved with litigation and updated laws, and the american people aren't writing their songs too, there's only one thing left I can think would be your problem with it. Absolutely not a cute look, check your biases. :awkney:

That’s a STRONG statement m8! :awkney:

The Fame Popster 451
Just now, SLAG said:

That’s a STRONG statement m8! :awkney:

I've seen several strong, factually incorrect statements used to justify kpop hate in this thread. Normal people just don't like it and move on with their lives instead of trying to argue the validity of it. :awkney:

Community Leader 2,817
13 minutes ago, Nino said:

I've seen several strong, factually incorrect statements used to justify kpop hate in this thread. Normal people just don't like it and move on with their lives instead of trying to argue the validity of it. :awkney:

You’re taking this wayyyy to seriously. I know there are successful korean solo artists that didn’t go through this process. I’m talking about the groups that did. And also, I read most of your long dissertation on it and I’m still going to think it is cheap and commodified! Most artists in America come from years of work before getting into a label. Most kpop group performers have little to no stage presence. You can’t train that. 

Also, why would a label bother putting sooo much money into training someone when they could wait to see who, organically, becomes more successful? 

Again, it appears that you’re taking this too personally. I don’t like kpop and I definitely don’t like the culture around it. If the fans of it didn’t get so bent out of shape when you criticize it I would actually try to listen to more of it but it all just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. 

The Fame Popster 451
1 minute ago, Joannesrats said:

I know there are successful korean solo artists that didn’t go through this process.

Both of the people I showed you went through the kpop system. One of them also has a group

1 minute ago, Joannesrats said:

Most artists in America come from years of work before getting into a label. Most kpop group performers have little to no stage presence. You can’t train that. 

The vast majority of American acts who are actually charting were just talented enough to be scouted and signed and didn't do years of work. (Selena, Demi, Justin just to name a few) 

2 minutes ago, Joannesrats said:

Also, why would a label bother putting sooo much money into training someone when they could wait to see who, organically, becomes more successful? 

This isn't how the US works either.

2 minutes ago, Joannesrats said:

Again, it appears that you’re taking this too personally. I don’t like kpop and I definitely don’t like the culture around it. If the fans of it didn’t get so bent out of shape when you criticize it I would actually try to listen to more of it but it all just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. 

I made a thread to celebrate something I was very excited about and discuss a specific event. The "i hate kpop for reasons that seem to conveniently change every time I'm proven wrong pointing to some kind of deeper bias" brigade then ran to give their(your) very unwanted opinions about the genre as a whole. It's rude, off topic, and more than a little annoying. :rip:

Community Leader 2,817
26 minutes ago, Nino said:

Both of the people I showed you went through the kpop system. One of them also has a group

The vast majority of American acts who are actually charting were just talented enough to be scouted and signed and didn't do years of work. (Selena, Demi, Justin just to name a few) 

This isn't how the US works either.

I made a thread to celebrate something I was very excited about and discuss a specific event. The "i hate kpop for reasons that seem to conveniently change every time I'm proven wrong pointing to some kind of deeper bias" brigade then ran to give their(your) very unwanted opinions about the genre as a whole. It's rude, off topic, and more than a little annoying. :rip:

Frankly, it is a thread about kpop. I can share my distaste for it and list reasons without it being off topic. 

What was rude, however, was you saying I need to get an understanding of it and talking to me like I don’t know anything. You’d get a lot more people to like kpop if you didn’t speak to them like idiots and call them pretentious. This is why I won’t get involved in kpop stan culture. 

The Fame Popster 451
36 minutes ago, Joannesrats said:

Frankly, it is a thread about kpop. I can share my distaste for it and list reasons without it being off topic. 

What was rude, however, was you saying I need to get an understanding of it and talking to me like I don’t know anything. You’d get a lot more people to like kpop if you didn’t speak to them like idiots and call them pretentious. This is why I won’t get involved in kpop stan culture. 

Frankly, this thread is about aespa, not the kpop industry as a whole. There wouldn't be documentaries about how Britney was mistreated in a thread about Drake. Even if it was a general kpop industry thread, hating kpop for behaving almost identically to the US industry is unjustifiable and you will be talked to like somebody with backwards double standards.

I dont want you to get into kpop. I want you to get out of the thread with the off topic, inaccurate, inflammatory posts. 

Edited by Nino

The Fame Popster 305

I’m loving everything about their concept so far. I heard rumors that they worked with Mike Daley. Mike worked on SNSD’s Mr. Mr. and NCT’s Boss. :fall:

• yaas, gaga 1