Rina Sawayama - LUCID (prod. by Bloodpop) - Out Now!

Dirkje

Moderator 4,653
28 minutes ago, Daylight Jokers said:

The chorus is very catchy. I really like it, but I think I need time for it to grow on me more. There were some moments where her head voice sounds a bit like Gaga.

I understand what you say about Gaga. Is it because we are so used to Bloodpop working with Gaga, that we just associate his work with her?

Community Leader 1,294
26 minutes ago, Dirkje said:

I understand what you say about Gaga. Is it because we are so used to Bloodpop working with Gaga, that we just associate his work with her?

It does sound like a mashup of gaga and Carly Rae Jepsen. To be exact, Sour Candy and Now That I Found You. I like it. :sweat:

• paws up 1

Moderator 6,288

The song is cute but I hope Rina doesn’t try to make EDM style songs and uses her voice the way she has on Sawayama. This song could’ve used a better chorus and less music breaks. 

Community Leader 2,817

I love love love Rina, we all know this, but this song is tame for her. It could be because it's two years old, was written in 2018, but it seems tame and boring in comparison to her album. Hopefully this isn't the path she's taking, I need more metal/industrial sounds from her. Not more watered-down EDM. 

It's cute, but sounds like... music for retail stores? I don't know. Like those dated pop tracks you don't mind being played in the ambient while buying socks, but you don't really know who's singing and you don't know the words, and you feel like you've heard it before but it could be any other song, you know what I mean?