Urban Outfitters releasing red Born This Way LP

NotDoctor

Popster to Popster 4,583
2 minutes ago, HeavyMetalLover said:

Interesting. I hope there aren't a bunch of QC issues with this record. It might explain the multiple delays.

Yeah I wonder about that too.  When I told them my first disk was f*cked they just immediately said they'd send me a new one, no questions asked.  I don't even have to send back the defective one.  Hope there's not larger issues

• paws up 1

9 minutes ago, NotDoctor said:

Yeah I wonder about that too.  When I told them my first disk was f*cked they just immediately said they'd send me a new one, no questions asked.  I don't even have to send back the defective one.  Hope there's not larger issues

Oh wow. That's strange. Every other release has been great.

Mine just arrived. And what do you know, two different shades of red:

DE7-FC8-D4-5316-4775-9-C5-B-CEDB01-C2832

I prefer the one on the right. It's slightly translucent. I don't mind the two different shades, but am confused as to why some people have two of the same. Seems like a QC issue.

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 4,583
33 minutes ago, HeavyMetalLover said:

Mine just arrived. And what do you know, two different shades of red:

DE7-FC8-D4-5316-4775-9-C5-B-CEDB01-C2832

I prefer the one on the right. It's slightly translucent. I don't mind the two different shades, but am confused as to why some people have two of the same. Seems like a QC issue.

I'm interested to hear how yours sounds!

My replacement should be here today so I'm dying to see what the disks look like the second time around

• paws up 1

29 minutes ago, NotDoctor said:

I'm interested to hear how yours sounds!

My replacement should be here today so I'm dying to see what the disks look like the second time around

So far so good! I’m on side B and everything sounds super clear and dynamic. I feel like this has been remastered. I’m hearing a lot of details I’ve never been able to make out previously.

Edited by HeavyMetalLover
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 4,583

Just got my replacement in and it sounds great (still only through MTN ) but what a relief

BTW is a little noisy but at least it's not distorted this time around 

Edited by NotDoctor
  • paws up 1

3 minutes ago, NotDoctor said:

Just got my replacement in and it sounds great (still only through MTN ) but what a relief

Yes! Glad to hear it. I’m on side D now. Still blown away how good every song. It seems like they fixed a lot of mixing issues.

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 4,583

I'll stop like live reacting after this :billie: but Americano almost sounds like a different song.  I don't remember the 3D effects of the sound oscillating around you but it's really cool.  Not my fav song on BTW but an big improvement 

• yaas, gaga 1

31 minutes ago, NotDoctor said:

I'll stop like live reacting after this :billie: but Americano almost sounds like a different song.  I don't remember the 3D effects of the sound oscillating around you but it's really cool.  Not my fav song on BTW but an big improvement 

Agreed! Scheiße also sounds noticeably better. They all do, really. Fashion Of His Love sounds way better as well.

On 1/21/2021 at 10:31 AM, NotDoctor said:

Actually looks like the shade is slightly different, but still both opague 

spacer.png

Some people have been getting translucent vinyls. Do they ship different types of vinyls or something?