Charts Discussion - Thread of the Year ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Dean Judaster

Welcome chartsters! I know @Miaou was supposed to do this but I was asked to start this because it's taking a bit too long.

dean winchester GIF

Please be kind and avoid excessive shade/drags. Keep it healthy and limited.

Stream Alejandro on Spotify for the 200m milestone.

Posing Music Video GIF by Lady Gaga

Admin note: This is the second official charts thread which opened on Dec 12 2020.

This is a continuation from the last which can be found here:

• paws up 8
  • thanks 2

Pop-a-911-ster 32,126
2 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

She's 10th among female artists

Btw not Nicki having almost 60 overall but less than 10 solo :rip:

Ari will surpass her soon among female artist tho

I was talking about 16th person on the thread LOL :gaga-thanks:

• lol 1

Moderator 3,690
9 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Lorde 13 ? Um how :rip:

7 of the 10 tracks from her debut have crossed 100M. Melodrama has 4 solo tracks that have crossed 100M. Yellow flicker beat has 2 versions and those combined have over 100M. The 13th is a mystery, maybe they include Love Club which has 98M

EDIT: looked at the wrong list, thought these were solos.
Lorde has 11 solo 100M songs and remix of "homemade dynamite" and "Magnets" with disclosure have passed 100M. 

Edited by Joesuda
  • shook 1

• admin featured and pinned this topic
Moderator 3,690
7 minutes ago, Delusional said:

WOW those are astounding numbers to be fair. She has had like 0 Spotify “investment” so I’m interested in what happens in her next era

For her debut she is helped out by the fact that it was in 2013 (in some ways the beginning of the streaming era) and it has been up there for a long time. Also Lorde had a huge hit in Royals which helped the other tracks and she pushed 4 songs and all of those are over 100M. In some ways Lorde was more of a singles artist during her first album, not an album artist. And the other 3 over 100M from debut are "Ribs" which has a cult-standing among Lorde's fanbase, "Buzzcut season" which also is a fan-favourite. The last one is "100 lux" and I feel this was really helped by the fact that it was 2 second track.

For Melodrama the 4 tracks are the 3 singles (Green light, Liability, Perfect Places) and Supercut (fan-favourite). 

Honestly Lorde is probably helped out by the fact that she has released so few songs that her fans only have 2 albums to stream. 

Edited by Joesuda
  • paws up 4

Pop-a-911-ster 38,687
5 minutes ago, Joesuda said:

Honestly Lorde is probably helped out by the fact that she has released so few songs that her fans only have 2 albums to stream.

Don't give Gaga and coffeemaker ideas :pillow:

• lol 5

• corvus albus changed the title to Charts Discussion - Thread of the Year ⭐️⭐️⭐️
  • Dirkje changed the title to Charts Discussion - Local Farmers Market: Oreo and Coffee Maker Specials
  • Twitter locked and unlocked this topic
  • SLAG locked this topic
  • SLAG unlocked this topic
  • Twitter locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic