Boeing Fined $2.5B Over 737 Max

BenG

Pop-a-911-ster 38,804

K65704.jpg

"Boeing will pay a total criminal monetary amount of over $2.5 billion, composed of a criminal monetary penalty of $243.6 million, compensation payments to Boeing’s 737 MAX airline customers of $1.77 billion, and the establishment of a $500 million crash-victim beneficiaries fund to compensate the heirs, relatives, and legal beneficiaries of the 346 passengers who died in the Boeing 737 MAX crashes of Lion Air Flight 610 and Ethiopian Airlines Flight 302."

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/boeing-charged-737-max-fraud-conspiracy-and-agrees-pay-over-25-billion

Edited by BenG
  • paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 38,804
3 minutes ago, Delusional said:

I’m shocked - is the 1.77billion going towards people that have flew on the 737 max and not actually been through any crashes/disasters? If so I’ll need to check if I’m eligible tbh...

This case is still so scary to me. The fact that people were getting onto planes that were supposedly the safest and highest in tech in the industry yet were actually the most dangerous. Awful

Airline customers as in airlines. Not passengers. 

• paws up 1

Moderator 6,288
28 minutes ago, Delusional said:

I’m shocked - is the 1.77billion going towards people that have flew on the 737 max and not actually been through any crashes/disasters? If so I’ll need to check if I’m eligible tbh...

This case is still so scary to me. The fact that people were getting onto planes that were supposedly the safest and highest in tech in the industry yet were actually the most dangerous. Awful

Tbh. Hearing about these crashes and researching after has made me quite scared of flying which I have to do a lot for work and wasn’t a problem prior. I know these were isolated events but the  thought of being on an airplane nosediving to Earth is not anywhere on my bucket list. 

• thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 38,804
4 minutes ago, SLAG said:

Tbh. Hearing about these crashes and researching after has made me quite scared of flying which I have to do a lot for work and wasn’t a problem prior. I know these were isolated events but the  thought of being on an airplane nosediving to Earth is not anywhere on my bucket list. 

Flying is the safest form of transportation though. It's basically already as safe as it can get tbh. 

• paws up 2

• BenG changed the title to Boeing Fined $2.5B Over 737 Max