LGBTQ+ Series that you've watched recently

Ms Arid Lost

Hello fellow poppers (:billie:)

Have you watched any LGBTQ+ series recently? If so, which was it?

I'm OBSESSED with "Queer As Folk". It has 5 seasons (I still have to watch the last one, although I already know most of the things that happen) and I've been watching on loop lots of the most important scenes + I love Brian and Justin's relationship (and they are very cute :sweat:). It may seem like it is full of stereotypes, but the intention of the series is not to be an "accurate representation" of the gay community (it's mainly focused on gay characters, although there is a lesbian couple too), but of its problems (HIV stigma, Marriage between couples of the same sex, hate crimes, sex, drug use, discrimination and a large etcetera). I recommend it. I believe it's on YT :classic_smile:

I wish there was a little more diversity tho...

spacer.png

My favorite couple (Justin + Brian):

Brian-Justin-brian-and-justin-2348596-1500-2267.jpg

And others, but that would be pretty much a spoiler!

Recommend me any other series that you like!

Edited by Ms I am a local

5 minutes ago, Madame X said:

I am not a fan of series, especially of those that have more than three seasons, but I watched "Summer of 85" couple of weeks ago, it's a movie. Did I enjoy it? Of course!

spacer.png

Oh, I was interested in watching it... I'll probably see it now, thanks for the recommendation!

• paws up 1

Deactivated 14,311
1 hour ago, Ms I am a local said:

Hello fellow poppers (:billie:)

Have you watched any LGBTQ+ series recently? If so, which was it?

I'm OBSESSED with "Queer As Folk". It has 5 seasons (I still have to watch the last one, although I already know most of the things that happen) and I've been watching on loop lots of the most important scenes + I love Brian and Justin's relationship (and they are very cute :sweat:). It may seem like it is full of stereotypes, but the intention of the series is not to be an "accurate representation" of the gay community (it's mainly focused on gay characters, although there is a lesbian couple too), but of its problems (HIV stigma, Marriage between couples of the same sex, hate crimes, sex, drug use, discrimination and a large etcetera). I recommend it. I believe it's on YT :classic_smile:

I wish there was a little more diversity tho...

spacer.png

My favorite couple (Justin + Brian):

Brian-Justin-brian-and-justin-2348596-1500-2267.jpg

And others, but that would be pretty much a spoiler!

Recommend me any other series that you like!

OMG THIS TAKES ME BACK!!! Ugh this show is everything!!! 

• yaas, gaga 1

1 hour ago, Bakugo said:

OMG THIS TAKES ME BACK!!! Ugh this show is everything!!! 

Ikr. Tho I have to say Season 5, although I haven't watched it I know what happens, is very sad and frustrating for me. Like, everything ends very badly... When I knew the fait of all the characters, I cried (and I almost never cry with series and films). The impact that QAF had on me in such a short period of time is very impressive. I guess it's because their bond is very strong and I wish I had that.

Edited by Ms I am a local