Some Japanese Rock Bands?

Musicisfreedom

The Popster 61

Hello, the past year or so I've been trying to widen my music library by listening to artists and bands from other countries speaking different languages. I've always really loved music from Japan, but I don't listen to too many artists from there. I know there is a really interesting rock and metal scene there, and I would be very intruiged to listen to some bands, but idk where to start. So, I would love some recommendations 

The Popster 177

X Japan is a very iconic one from the 1980's that has done pretty much every genre and subgenre of rock from metal to like acoustic, kind of?  :ohyes: They're still active to my knowledge but they have changed members over the years.

• thanks 1

Popstanne 5,076

One of my faves, The Blue Hearts, "Linda Linda" (Blue Hearts are more like punk rock; they've been compared to The Ramones)

Spoiler

Like @ObezyankaNol, I love Spitz. They're more like indie rock.  It's hard to pick a favorite song, so I suggest you look them up on YouTube, but some of my faves include: 

"Cherry" チェリー

Spoiler

"Robinson" ロビンソン

Spoiler

空も飛べるはず (I Feel Like I Can Fly in the Sky) 

Spoiler

君が思い出になる前に (Before You Become a Memory)

Spoiler

涙がキラリ☆ (Tears are Shining)  [This is one of my absolute favorites!]

Spoiler

L'Arc-en-Ciel (They are more of an alt rock/punk band). Here's one of their famous songs, READY STEADY GO

Spoiler

Shonen Knife, a female punk band who was one of Kurt Cobain's favorites (I think they toured with Nirvana); here's an intro to their work w/ one of their jam sessions: 

Spoiler

Here's one of their famous covers, "Top of the World" (originally by the Carpenters) (I think it also was featured in Gilmore Girls)

Spoiler

Edited by Franch Toast
  • thanks 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

The Popster 49
55 minutes ago, Franch Toast said:

Like @ObezyankaNol, I love Spitz. They're more like indie rock.  It's hard to pick a favorite song, so I suggest you look them up on YouTube, but some of my faves include:

Masamune's voice is just... LIKE HEAVEN.mp3 :bradley: It's really hard to pick a fav song, I love all their albums.

More Spitz songs just because I love them:

Hotaru:

Hachimitsu:

Mizuiro no Machi:

Pool (Studio version is not available on Youtube sadly) :

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1