Kylie Minogue - Real Groove (ft. Dua Lipa, Studio 2054 remix) out now!

Dirkje

Moderator 4,653
3 minutes ago, Elvira said:

I like it, it's cute! Wish Dula could've sang more but well... It's not better than the original but it's cute! :happydance:

I think its just a cheap way of using Dua to sell Kylie's music tbh. Though for Dua its such a honor that a big star like Kylie wants to work with her!

• shook 1

Moderator 4,653
7 minutes ago, HeavyMetalLover said:

Kind of like the iconic remix album Dua put out?

Iconic for the outcome? I dont think so. Iconic for leading by example that its about time we see more female dj's in the chart? Yes! Iconic for the fact that that album made she was able to put a Madonna collab on her CV? Yes! 

14 minutes ago, Dirkje said:

Iconic for the outcome? I dont think so. Iconic for leading by example that its about time we see more female dj's in the chart? Yes! Iconic for the fact that that album made she was able to put a Madonna collab on her CV? Yes! 

Outcome was so so.

Also, nothing Kylie makes seems cheap to me. I’m excited to hear these new remixes!

• paws up 1

2 hours ago, HeavyMetalLover said:

Kind of like the iconic remix album Dua put out?

the tea drama GIF by WWE

2 hours ago, Dirkje said:

I think its just a cheap way of using Dua to sell Kylie's music tbh.

So you mean cheap way like using Madonna, Missy Elliott, Mark Ronson, Gwen Stefani - and even Blackpink with a song from two years ago - in an remixed album, right? :ohhh:

Kylie is being smart, working with the new it girl to get her coins - not that she needs it, but hey, why not? 

Spoiler

And please let's not forget Dula worked with the same producer Kylie has already worked with 10 years ago in one of her best albums that was critically acclaimed and got commercial success even after 20 years in the business*... and also the same producer Madonna worked with 15 years ago in her critically acclaimed and commercially successful album Confessions that, ironically, had the exact same disco style... So... :katy:

Spoiler

*Dula wishes :mess: 

• paws up 1
  • lol 1

2 hours ago, Dirkje said:

iirc, there are literally female DJs in Club Nostalgia, the other 13 DJs included are men :ohhh:

• paws up 1

Moderator 4,653
7 minutes ago, Elvira said:

the tea drama GIF by WWE

So you mean cheap way like using Madonna, Missy Elliott, Mark Ronson, Gwen Stefani - and even Blackpink with a song from two years ago - in an remixed album, right? :ohhh:

Kylie is being smart, working with the new it girl to get her coins - not that she needs it, but hey, why not? 

Hide contents

And please let's not forget Dula worked with the same producer Kylie has already worked with 10 years ago in one of her best albums that was critically acclaimed and got commercial success even after 20 years in the business*... and also the same producer Madonna worked with 15 years ago in her critically acclaimed and commercially successful album Confessions that, ironically, had the exact same disco style... So... :katy:

Reveal hidden contents

*Dula wishes :mess: 

No. I mean cheap as in the fact that Dua is just singing in the background. It isnt a real collab, which is different compared to the examples you gave. 

Moderator 4,653
5 minutes ago, Elvira said:

iirc, there are literally female DJs in Club Nostalgia, the other 13 DJs included are men :ohhh:

She wants to see more equality like that in the future. Its clearly not perfect yet. Most music by female artists are produced by male producers. She said in an interview she wants to see more equality. 

You gotta start somewhere. She did that at Studio 2054 where all the djs were female. 

1 minute ago, Dirkje said:

She wants to see more equality like that in the future. Its clearly not perfect yet. Most music by female artists are produced by male producers. She said in an interview she wants to see more equality. 

You gotta start somewhere. She did that at Studio 2054 where all the djs were female. 

That's good but that's not something she started, there are literally plenty of artists & pop divas that are already doing that, with female-only bands, female-only dancers, female-only producers, etc. She's not leading anything, I'm sorry, sweetie. :awkney:

• paws up 2

Moderator 4,653
2 minutes ago, Elvira said:

That's good but that's not something she started, there are literally plenty of artists & pop divas that are already doing that, with female-only bands, female-only dancers, female-only producers, etc. She's not leading anything, I'm sorry, sweetie. :awkney:

Where did I say she was the first to do so?

Where did I say she was the first to do so?

Isn't that what you mean here? :ohhh:

3 hours ago, Dirkje said:

Iconic for leading by example that its about time we see more female dj's in the chart? Yes!

'Cause that's what it looks like.

• lol 1

Moderator 4,653
1 minute ago, Elvira said:

Isn't that what you mean here? :ohhh:

'Cause that's what it looks like.

Nope! I said she sees the issues with equality in the music industry and wants to change it. I call that iconic. Using her platform for good. Dua gets critics after releasing that remix album where the blessed madonna was the main mixer, she lets her perform in the main and afterparty. 

No way she's the first to do so. But is that really important? Isnt it way more important that she's recognizing and has ideas of changing it? 

Nope! I said she sees the issues with equality in the music industry and wants to change it. I call that iconic. Using her platform for good. Dua gets critics after releasing that remix album where the blessed madonna was the main mixer, she lets her perform in the main and afterparty. 

No way she's the first to do so. But is that really important? Isnt it way more important that she's recognizing and has ideas of changing it? 

I guess you didn't express yourself properly then, 'cause that's absolutely not how it sounded like lol. And yes, it is important if you were saying she was leading this idea, but if you weren't saying that she's leading, then it isn't important indeed. She's doing something nice and it's good for her. 

• paws up 3

Deactivated 14,311
6 hours ago, Dirkje said:

I think its just a cheap way of using Dua to sell Kylie's music tbh. Though for Dua its such a honor that a big star like Kylie wants to work with her!

Madonna using Nicki teas! It allows for Kylie’s music to go to radio I guess...