Songs with bad mixing?

ProjectJoanne

ARTPOPster 2,173

Hey everyone so I’ve been hearing the song State Of Dreaming forever by Marina and always thought the chorus sounded distorted from the bass, especially during the line “Livin’ in a make believe land.” I looked it up this morning and apparently there were people on Redit who thought this exact same thing! Give it a listen (1:01)

What are songs songs you heard that you thought maybe could’ve been mastered better? 

ARTPOPster 2,173
2 minutes ago, Dark Paradise said:

I know Paper Gangsta was recorded on a MacBook, but its vocal mixing sounds really bad :katy:

I’m listening to it now but it actually sounds pretty good for being a MacBook recording, I don’t hear anything wrong with it :katy_pie:

8 minutes ago, HeavyMetalLover said:

This entire album. Such a shame - the band have even commented on how frustrating it was for them that it was so poorly mixed/mastered. Maybe someday it will get remastered. I think there are a lot of great songs on there.

spacer.png

So true!

• paws up 1

Liar and Alien by Britney. Alien is just... :mess: I love the song but there's a f-ing GLITCH in her lead vocals, it's unbelieavable that will.i.am let something like this stay in the final version

• thanks 1

ARTPOPster 1,672
11 hours ago, ProjectJoanne said:

Hey everyone so I’ve been hearing the song State Of Dreaming forever by Marina and always thought the chorus sounded distorted from the bass, especially during the line “Livin’ in a make believe land.” I looked it up this morning and apparently there were people on Reddit who thought this exact same thing! Give it a listen (1:01)

What are songs songs you heard that you thought maybe could’ve been mastered better? 

damn it sounds silent. oh wait, it's unavailable. :bradley:

• lol 1