Giving “Evolve” by Imagine Dragons a listen

ProjectJoanne

ARTPOPster 2,173

So I decided to give Imagine Dragon’s album Evolve a listen since I love EVERY single that they’ve put out for that album that I’ve heard, so let’s get started with my unwanted opinions :ohyes:

1. Next To Me: The first song on the album reminded me of EXACTLY what my song Why Me? is pretty much all about :tea: It’s an ok song, not my most favorite I’ve heard from them, it’s cute :)

2. I Don’t Know Why: Ou I LIKE this one! It’s giving me “News Station Intro” vibes with the intro and the chorus is AWESOME! This is the Cry About It Later of the album sonically which also makes so much sense since it’s the second song on the album...

WOAH the vocals! Ok that transition from the bridge to the last chorus was AMAZING! 

Overall a great song, I would definitely go back to it! :carly_bye:

3. Whatever It Takes: My fave single from this album, so melancholy sounding, so epic but chill, perfect for car rides and having random emotional moments at night when you’re trying to go to sleep... anyway! :shakes:

4. Believer: We all know this song, it’s great, it’s perfect, one of their most recognizable songs- Even though all their singles are pretty recognizable like Demons, Radioactive and Bet My Life, this one is up there with them :oscar:

5. Walking The Wire: Omg!!! Why wasn’t this a single??? It’s like PERFECT for radio! I LOVE that melody on the prechorus and the chorus too. This feels like a song that maybe Katy Perry or Sia could’ve attempted sonically, but Imagine Dragons NAILED it! I hope there’s more like this on the album! :shine:

6. Rise Up: Woah, this chorus! Uh so good! The production on this album had been outstanding!!!... Aside from Next To Me but anyways :shakes:- This had a chord progression that reminded me of Demons, I love that! Love the chorus, just so full of anger and the low “Rise rise rise rise...” was so good!

7. I’ll Make It Up To You: Omg WOW. Ok, so I didn’t know how I’d feel about the song at first, it didn’t sound like something I’d normally like to listen to, but then all of a sudden the chorus kicked in and the beat started and I was ALL IN! I LOVE this song! It’s such a chill jammer, this sounds like it would’ve been a perfect single after Whatever It Takes as sort of a “farewell” to the era especially with the guitar solo outro. Beautiful, love this song, 10/10!

8. Yesterday: Omg holy crap, what an intro that was, not 6 seconds in and it’s already in your face :ohyes: My future by Billie Eilish??? Ok so so far I’m getting “Western” vibes with the production. It’s not my favorite so far, there’s nothing grabbing me with this song. Well it’s over, and... well so far it’s the Hey Girl of the album :awkney:

9. Mouth Of The River: Ok before I listen to it, the title looks really interesting and I’m imagining a very “natural” sounding production like they usually do with songs like Whatever It Takes or Bet My Life. WOAH- Ok! I like this! So far it sounds just like American Kids by Poppy! Oh my gawd, BEAUTIFUL bridge! Amazing use of falsetto!!! Ok, BEAUTIFUL song! Pretty much exactly what I imagined from the title! Signature choir sound! Everything about it was amazing, that bridge especially! Man, these guys don’t fail to ma- Well actually they made Yesterday so :awkney:

10. Thunder: A bop! Loved it since early 2018 when it would play on the speakers of my school in the mornings for about a week till they changed songs. Love it!

11. Start Over: Oh no, this intro is giving me Yesterday vibes... 
Anyway, well it’s ok, nothing really grabbed me in any way. It sounded like a “Bet My Life” wannabe sonically, lyrically it’s cool though :3

12. Dancing In The Dark: Oh no, first 5 seconds and I’m getting “Intentions” by Justin Bieber vibes :rip:Ou this is experimental, it almost sounds like they sang everything in reverse then reversed it to sound “normal”... is that what they did??? Well that was a cool ending, very chill, and it was interesting, a LOT of Chorus effect on the vocals.

Well that was my basic review of Imagine Dragon’s album “Evolve,” overall I REALLY liked it! I’d have to give some songs more listens but overall great solid work, it reminds me of like a Sia album like This Is Acting.

Anyway, what do you guys think about it? Let me know in the comments below!  
@KatieJudasGaga4 I know is a BIG ID fan :oscar:

• yaas, gaga 1

Gaming Leader 1,282
x2
15 minutes ago, ProjectJoanne said:

So I decided to give Imagine Dragon’s album Evolve a listen since I love EVERY single that they’ve put out for that album that I’ve heard, so let’s get started with my unwanted opinions :ohyes:

1. Next To Me: The first song on the album reminded me of EXACTLY what my song Why Me? is pretty much all about :tea: It’s an ok song, not my most favorite I’ve heard from them, it’s cute :)

2. I Don’t Know Why: Ou I LIKE this one! It’s giving me “News Station Intro” vibes with the intro and the chorus is AWESOME! This is the Cry About It Later of the album sonically which also makes so much sense since it’s the second song on the album...

WOAH the vocals! Ok that transition from the bridge to the last chorus was AMAZING! 

Overall a great song, I would definitely go back to it! :carly_bye:

3. Whatever It Takes: My fave single from this album, so melancholy sounding, so epic but chill, perfect for car rides and having random emotional moments at night when you’re trying to go to sleep... anyway! :shakes:

4. Believer: We all know this song, it’s great, it’s perfect, one of their most recognizable songs- Even though all their singles are pretty recognizable like Demons, Radioactive and Bet My Life, this one is up there with them :oscar:

5. Walking The Wire: Omg!!! Why wasn’t this a single??? It’s like PERFECT for radio! I LOVE that melody on the prechorus and the chorus too. This feels like a song that maybe Katy Perry or Sia could’ve attempted sonically, but Imagine Dragons NAILED it! I hope there’s more like this on the album! :shine:

6. Rise Up: Woah, this chorus! Uh so good! The production on this album had been outstanding!!!... Aside from Next To Me but anyways :shakes:- This had a chord progression that reminded me of Demons, I love that! Love the chorus, just so full of anger and the low “Rise rise rise rise...” was so good!

7. I’ll Make It Up To You: Omg WOW. Ok, so I didn’t know how I’d feel about the song at first, it didn’t sound like something I’d normally like to listen to, but then all of a sudden the chorus kicked in and the beat started and I was ALL IN! I LOVE this song! It’s such a chill jammer, this sounds like it would’ve been a perfect single after Whatever It Takes as sort of a “farewell” to the era especially with the guitar solo outro. Beautiful, love this song, 10/10!

8. Yesterday: Omg holy crap, what an intro that was, not 6 seconds in and it’s already in your face :ohyes: My future by Billie Eilish??? Ok so so far I’m getting “Western” vibes with the production. It’s not my favorite so far, there’s nothing grabbing me with this song. Well it’s over, and... well so far it’s the Hey Girl of the album :awkney:

9. Mouth Of The River: Ok before I listen to it, the title looks really interesting and I’m imagining a very “natural” sounding production like they usually do with songs like Whatever It Takes or Bet My Life. WOAH- Ok! I like this! So far it sounds just like American Kids by Poppy! Oh my gawd, BEAUTIFUL bridge! Amazing use of falsetto!!! Ok, BEAUTIFUL song! Pretty much exactly what I imagined from the title! Signature choir sound! Everything about it was amazing, that bridge especially! Man, these guys don’t fail to ma- Well actually they made Yesterday so :awkney:

10. Thunder: A bop! Loved it since early 2018 when it would play on the speakers of my school in the mornings for about a week till they changed songs. Love it!

11. Start Over: Oh no, this intro is giving me Yesterday vibes... 
Anyway, well it’s ok, nothing really grabbed me in any way. It sounded like a “Bet My Life” wannabe sonically, lyrically it’s cool though :3

12. Dancing In The Dark: Oh no, first 5 seconds and I’m getting “Intentions” by Justin Bieber vibes :rip:Ou this is experimental, it almost sounds like they sang everything in reverse then reversed it to sound “normal”... is that what they did??? Well that was a cool ending, very chill, and it was interesting, a LOT of Chorus effect on the vocals.

Well that was my basic review of Imagine Dragon’s album “Evolve,” overall I REALLY liked it! I’d have to give some songs more listens but overall great solid work, it reminds me of like a Sia album like This Is Acting.

Anyway, what do you guys think about it? Let me know in the comments below!  
@KatieJudasGaga4 I know is a BIG ID fan :oscar:

I don't tolerate Start Over slander :classic_angry:

I agree with Yesterday, but its WAYYY better live. Dancing In The Dark is just not my cup of tea at all, Dance In The Dark outsold

Whatever it Takes and Mouth of the River are my favorites

Edited by KatieJudasGaga4
  • yaas, gaga 1

ARTPOPster 2,173
4 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

katie is gunna hate me but i can't stand ID and i want them off the rock charts, i said what i said

mariah carey beyonce GIF by RealityTVGIFs

Woah, you can't just like.. SAY stuff like that around here! That's like saying you don't' want my song Why Me? on the top 10 Billboard Charts!

MistyFaintKronosaurus-size_restricted.gi

• hugs 1

The Popster 41

I love Evolve, It's such a great album as a whole imo. Probably the most 'masculine / Straight' music/band I listen to lol

believer GIF by Imagine Dragons

Edited by Hew
  • yaas, gaga 1