K-12 by Melanie Martinez is over TWO years old!

ProjectJoanne

ARTPOPster 2,173

“K-12” the sophomore album of indie singer Melany Martinez officially released on September 3rd.

This album sparked controversy over the repeated use of dark political topics, consistently swearing, and a provocative dance routine for Detention. K-12, however, using interesting and unique production music wise and lyrically speaks to a large group of people who feel isolated in a world that’s already against them before they’re even born.

Almost a year later, an EP of rejected songs came out with the project title being labeled “After School” and is heavily known for having the controversial but empowering music video for the song The Bakery.

My personal favorites from these projects would have to be:

K-12 - Drama Club, Strawberry Shortcake, and Detention 

After School - The Bakery, Brain & Heart, and Test Me

What do you guys think of these projects and what do you think she’ll do next for them?

• yaas, gaga 3

ARTPOPster 2,173
On 9/7/2021 at 5:12 PM, Ms I am a local said:

After School left me a bit “disappointed”.

I can definitely get that, one thing to know though is that it wasn’t meant to even be an album in the first place considering they were basically remastered demos but hopefully this next album/movie will be worth the wait :elmo:

On 9/8/2021 at 12:24 AM, ProjectJoanne said:

I can definitely get that, one thing to know though is that it wasn’t meant to even be an album in the first place considering they were basically remastered demos but hopefully this next album/movie will be worth the wait :elmo:

Yeah I know. Even then, it still had some good songs like Brain & Heart, The Bakery or Numbers.

• yaas, gaga 1