Who are your Winners and Losers of 2022?

Modern Ecstasy

A Popster Is Born 13,666
On 12/17/2022 at 12:52 PM, Dean Spookchester said:

Yes but a bigger loser is Russia. Imagine being one of the 10 biggest economies and possibly armies in the world and still failing to occupy a country with a fraction of your land area, population, GDP, and military might. Pathetic. Putin is a bigger loser.

don't want to get too political and i don't think that comparing losers makes any sense in a war, but even if Putin didn't win, Russia won a territory that most probs won't lose in the short term –probs similar to what 2014 Donbass/Crimea was, but with whole Luhansk and let's see how much of Donetsk, Zaporizhzhia and Kherson– while Ukraine lost about 1/5 of its area and suffered a masacre. No one wins during a war, but not completing fully your aspirations doesn't equal to be the biggest loser of the two. feels kinda weird to talk of such serious matters on this forum, but just my two cents.

• paws up 1

On 12/17/2022 at 8:02 AM, danwasd said:

don't want to get too political and i don't think that comparing losers makes any sense in a war, but even if Putin didn't win, Russia won a territory that most probs won't lose in the short term –probs similar to what 2014 Donbass/Crimea was, but with whole Luhansk and let's see how much of Donetsk, Zaporizhzhia and Kherson– while Ukraine lost about 1/5 of its area and suffered a masacre. No one wins during a war, but not completing fully your aspirations doesn't equal to be the biggest loser of the two. feels kinda weird to talk of such serious matters on this forum, but just my two cents.

Sorry if I came across as unserious but I am rooting for Ukraine's resilience in the matter. I merely wanted to focus on how big the discrepancy is between the 2 nations. The fact that Ukraine is still holding most of its territory after 10 months is not something to dismiss. I do empathize with their people of course but there's not much more I can do.

• paws up 2
  • hugs 1

Popster to Popster 4,971
On 12/17/2022 at 1:47 AM, Dean Spookchester said:

Just to stir sh!t, RoP had higher streaming power than HotD (SVOD per Nielsen) on many weeks :icant:

(Of course HotD has live airing ratings separately but anyway)

Zaldrizes busdari iksos daor

original.gif

Most of HotD viewership came from HBO, not HBO MAX, and yet it was almost outstreaming RoP on streaming exclusively (it even outstreamed it for one week)

:ari_roll:

Not to mention RoP has been N/A on every single award show so far :icant:

Edited by Lazz Monster
  • paws up 1

ARTPOPster 1,523
On 12/17/2022 at 12:22 PM, Twitter said:

The audacity to put Beyoncé in the loser category.

The Gaga/Beyonce stanbase feud is so ridiculous