The Journey Continues - Chromatica Ball on MAX- Charts Discussion Thread

PanPikus

On 4/26/2024 at 9:51 PM, Ayobabylon said:

I think its umg removal from TikTok impact although her catalog is back now so lets see 

Her albums have fell by 10 spots since the ban e.g folklore from top 20 to top 30 

midnights leaving top 10, 1989 falling

Eternal sunshine is also leaving top 10 in just 5 weeks which is strange bc even positions did 17 weeks inside top 10 but positions songs instantly caught attention on TikTok like title track, motive, pov etc meanwhile es sounds are getting banned.

Tiktok has such a huge impact on music atm. I hope they ban it so THAT traditional rollout returns where singers had to do live performances to promote the songs

TikTok is definitely getting banned since ByteDance is refusing to divest. 

On 4/26/2024 at 10:06 PM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

Why?

Huge appeal. Gaga's big mistake was not capitalizing on the ASIB hype with another ASIB-style album. The GP was HUNGRY for Gaga's HAC-friendly music, and she released a dance-pop album during the pandemic. I love Chromatica, but this is not what the GP wanted from Gaga.   

Pop-a-911-ster 38,959
On 4/26/2024 at 8:14 PM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

Huge appeal. Gaga's big mistake was not capitalizing on the ASIB hype with another ASIB-style album. The GP was HUNGRY for Gaga's HAC-friendly music, and she released a dance-pop album during the pandemic. I love Chromatica, but this is not what the GP wanted from Gaga.   

I think a rock album could work well to bridge the gap with that audience without losing too much of her own fanbase's support (certainly less than Joanne). 

On 4/26/2024 at 10:16 PM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

I think a rock album could work well to bridge the gap with that audience without losing too much of her own fanbase's support (certainly less than Joanne). 

A rock album? What was the last rock song to do well on the charts? There's no way to smash with a rock album because this genre is not popular anymore. The last rock song to top the Hot 100 was "How You Remind Me" in 2001 (!). The GP wants Adele-like HAC music from Gaga, not a rock album with Dope vocals. A rock album from Gaga will be a massive flop.   

She might deliver a glam rock/pop rock album, but I'm not sure whether there's demand for this in 2024. The last big pop-rock song was "So What." Miley's Plastic Hearts was a flop (despite its high quality).  

Pop-a-911-ster 22,208

Taylor Swift’s The Tortured Poets Department secures UK’s biggest opening week in 7 years :excited:

Pop-a-911-ster 22,208

New Official Charts Company data released today reveals Taylor has shifted a staggering 270,000 UK chart units in seven days – eclipsing her previous personal best of 204,000, when Midnights debuted atop the chart in 2022. But that’s just the start. 

The Tortured Poets Department surpasses Adele’s 30 to deliver biggest first week in seven years 

The Tortured Poets Department surpasses Adele’s 2021 release 30 to earn the UK’s biggest opening week in seven years. Taylor has 9,000 units on Adele’s first week figure, with 30 having managed 261,000 in seven days.

GUUURL :giveup:

• shook 1

On 4/26/2024 at 10:30 PM, emig_09 said:

New Official Charts Company data released today reveals Taylor has shifted a staggering 270,000 UK chart units in seven days – eclipsing her previous personal best of 204,000, when Midnights debuted atop the chart in 2022. But that’s just the start. 

The Tortured Poets Department surpasses Adele’s 30 to deliver biggest first week in seven years 

The Tortured Poets Department surpasses Adele’s 2021 release 30 to earn the UK’s biggest opening week in seven years. Taylor has 9,000 units on Adele’s first week figure, with 30 having managed 261,000 in seven days.

GUUURL :giveup:

Who has the current record? Adele's 25?  

Pop-a-911-ster 22,208
On 4/26/2024 at 4:32 PM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

The Tortured Poets Department now boasts the biggest opening week since Ed Sheeran’s 2017 blockbusting record ÷ (Divide), which logged 670,000 first-week UK chart units.

Pop-a-911-ster 22,208
On 4/26/2024 at 4:32 PM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

Overall yes

In the United Kingdom, 25 debuted at number one on the UK Albums Chart and sold 800,307 copies in its first chart week, overtaking Oasis' Be Here Now (1997) to become the fastest-selling album of all time in the UK.

On 4/26/2024 at 10:37 PM, emig_09 said:

Overall yes

In the United Kingdom, 25 debuted at number one on the UK Albums Chart and sold 800,307 copies in its first chart week, overtaking Oasis' Be Here Now (1997) to become the fastest-selling album of all time in the UK.

Insane numbers. 

• yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 38,959
On 4/26/2024 at 8:26 PM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

A rock album? What was the last rock song to do well on the charts? There's no way to smash with a rock album because this genre is not popular anymore. The last rock song to top the Hot 100 was "How You Remind Me" in 2001 (!). The GP wants Adele-like HAC music from Gaga, not a rock album with Dope vocals. A rock album from Gaga will be a massive flop.   

She might deliver a glam rock/pop rock album, but I'm not sure whether there's demand for this in 2024. The last big pop-rock song was "So What." Miley's Plastic Hearts was a flop (despite its high quality).  

Your tone seems very pointed. Dance music wasn't exactly all the rage when Gaga came out. Plastic Hearts ended up performing pretty well considering how Miley's prior releases did, and actually set her up for Flowers. As an album overall I think it did better than ESV which was carried by a smash.

On 4/26/2024 at 10:47 PM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

Your tone seems very pointed. Dance music wasn't exactly all the rage when Gaga came out. Plastic Hearts ended up performing pretty well considering how Miley's prior releases did, and actually set her up for Flowers. As an album overall I think it did better than ESV which was carried by a smash.

Imagine an album of Diamond Hearts. A panned nightmare.  

On 4/26/2024 at 10:56 PM, Dean Judaster said:

Shallow is rock influenced so which is it? Should Fad release another ASIB or avoid rock? :mess:

There's a slight difference between rock/folk-influenced country-pop and a rock album:mess: 

A Popster Is Born 17,288

I’m sorry but Lady Gaga releasing a rock album would be the worst idea ever. Her fans will leave, the gp won’t be interested, the critics won’t treat her seriously, the streams will be awful. 

• thanks 7

Pop-a-911-ster 38,959
On 4/26/2024 at 10:00 PM, DonnieDarko said:

I’m sorry but Lady Gaga releasing a rock album would be the worst idea ever. Her fans will leave, the gp won’t be interested, the critics won’t treat her seriously, the streams will be awful. 

Why won't the critics take her seriously?

• paws up 1

• PanPikus changed the title to The Journey Continues - Chromatica Ball on MAX- Charts Discussion Thread