POPa911 Tweet Art

admin

Kindness Admin 6,892

Hey all,

So, next week, I want to put up a welcome tweet encouraging people to join the forum. I'm going to promote it as well. The copy will be something like this:

POPa911.com is thriving. Join us as we debate Lady Gaga and pop culture, foster community and games, and discuss everything from art to cheesecake to politics. We have clear guidelines, inclusive ethics and room for you. Help us build a #KindnessHaus for all.

To compliment the tweet, ideally I'll include a graphic to go with it. The graphic doesn't need to replicate the text, but is mostly there to be exciting. It should feature the site name prominently. Thought I would see if anyone here wanted to whip something together.

Twitter images are 1200x675 (although I usually make everything double sized, so 2400 x 1350).

Since this will be promoted, probably best not to use any actual Gaga images.

If you want to use the site colors, they are:

Primary: bc6967
Secondary: 67b4bc
Tertiary: 8dbc67

Orange accent: BC9367
Pink accent: BC678D

No expectations, but we have some talented people here, so thought I'd throw it out :jack-hi:

Also, I will be putting up some contests for alternate logos and other things on the site, but that will come a little bit later. That said, the logo in the header is 170x60, so if you want to make a new logo for this, try to have a version that can scale down to that size too :D.

• paws up 4

• admin featured this topic
Kindness Admin 6,892
2 minutes ago, BadGurlMadge said:

I’m a bit confused by this

Ahh, what's confusing and I'll revise. Quick version: seeing if anyone wants to create an image to share with the tweet above that I'll be promoting.

Kindness Admin 6,892
Just now, BadGurlMadge said:

spacer.png

Oh wow, you're quick. And now I see how I've been unclear, haha. So the text will be within the tweet and doesn't need to be replicated in the image, the image should ideally compliment the content and just grab people's attention. The twitter image I've been using thus far is this:

HOt4PSHB?format=jpg&name=medium

The Popster 96

I'll gladly help out with this, but I have a few questions/observations if you don't mind :sweat:

• I don't think using pictures of Gaga in a promoted tweet could get you in trouble, but if it's a definite no, wouldn't it be better to wait until we have an official logo (and brand identity) before putting it out there? Like if there's gonna be no pictures at all, at least an official logo would be something people can recognize in the future.
  • Most people use twitter on their phone, so I wouldn't worry too much about the size of the images going to the 2000s, it would only make it heavier with basically the same result. I've made a couple of graphics for a charts account and they were 1000x1000, they seemed to look okay and the quality was as intended.
  • If we're trying to get people's attention and to get them to come here, I think I would suggest taking out a few words from the copy/making it a little more concise. For example, I think PopA911's uniqueness is the motto of treating each other with respect at all times, so you could highlight that and not let it get lost in the paragraph.
    PopA911.com is thriving! 🚨 Join us as we discuss Lady Gaga, pop culture and foster a community. We have clear guidelines, inclusive ethics and room for you. Help us build a #KindHaus for all ⚔️💖
    I just added emojis for the tech-communication style of it all lol.
  • Also just realized the name of the site won't ever let us use a hashtag for it because of the numbers :bradley:

Kindness Admin 6,892
6 hours ago, Cerv said:

I'll gladly help out with this, but I have a few questions/observations if you don't mind :sweat:

• I don't think using pictures of Gaga in a promoted tweet could get you in trouble, but if it's a definite no, wouldn't it be better to wait until we have an official logo (and brand identity) before putting it out there? Like if there's gonna be no pictures at all, at least an official logo would be something people can recognize in the future.
  • Most people use twitter on their phone, so I wouldn't worry too much about the size of the images going to the 2000s, it would only make it heavier with basically the same result. I've made a couple of graphics for a charts account and they were 1000x1000, they seemed to look okay and the quality was as intended.
  • If we're trying to get people's attention and to get them to come here, I think I would suggest taking out a few words from the copy/making it a little more concise. For example, I think PopA911's uniqueness is the motto of treating each other with respect at all times, so you could highlight that and not let it get lost in the paragraph.
    PopA911.com is thriving! 🚨 Join us as we discuss Lady Gaga, pop culture and foster a community. We have clear guidelines, inclusive ethics and room for you. Help us build a #KindHaus for all ⚔️💖
    I just added emojis for the tech-communication style of it all lol.
  • Also just realized the name of the site won't ever let us use a hashtag for it because of the numbers :bradley:

Love it.

• Yeah, I don't know, I wasn't sure, but if everyone else does it, it's likely not a big deal and maybe I needn't worry about that fact. It is true it makes sense to do a bit of branding beforehand, but I think getting this out is a bit more important and that can come a bit later. I think it's most likely the logo will change over time, but maybe that won't be the case, unsure.
  • Ok, the makes sense. I know when you upload to twitter they suggest the 1200x675, but don't really know much else beyond that.
  • Yes, copy is not finished, will take this into consideration. Thank you!
  • Yeah I know, isn't that annoying, ha.
  • paws up 1

Kindness Admin 6,892
On 10/20/2020 at 4:12 PM, BadGurlMadge said:

spacer.png

On 10/21/2020 at 2:04 AM, Twitter said:

@admin what do you think of this?

spacer.png

I’m willing to do something else or make changes.

9 hours ago, Cerv said:

pBlOGsE.jpg

rDCJuoM.jpg

Hope these can work :rat:

Everyone is so kind and generous, we live in amazing times, and I am floored. I'll find a use for all!

@Cerv I think your work here is brilliant and really fitting. I will def use this for the ad. shook tbh 

• paws up 2

• admin unfeatured this topic
The Popster 96
4 hours ago, admin said:

Everyone is so kind and generous, we live in amazing times, and I am floored. I'll find a use for all!

@Cerv I think your work here is brilliant and really fitting. I will def use this for the ad. shook tbh 

Glad you liked it! my pleasure :dragon:

Fun fact: I changed Gaga's makeup cause I wasn't a fan of the original teehee :leap:

Edited by Cerv