Florence + the Machine - Florence Working on Great Gatsby Musical

NotDoctor

Popster to Popster 4,583

As fall settles in the US, I was horrified we didn't have a thread to celebrate the queen of baroque pop.

LPs:

spacer.png

Poetry (Flo):

spacer.png

Do you love Flo?  Are you excited for the next LP?

Edited by NotDoctor
  • paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 3

Popster to Popster 4,583
5 minutes ago, StormPulse said:

Is it supposed to be coming soon? I love her so much!

No idea if it's coming soon but I definitely heard that she was working on it, so hopefully it won't be too long

• yaas, gaga 1

• 6 months later...
Popster to Popster 4,583

Florence will be writing lyrics for the songs in the upcoming Great Gatsby Broadway musical. I'm not a huge Broadway gay but I'm excited for this.

https://pitchfork.com/news/florence-welch-to-score-new-great-gatsby-broadway-musical

Florence and the Machine’s Florence Welch and Thomas Bartlett (aka Doveman) have been announced as the composers for a new Broadway musical adaptation of The Great Gatsby. The latest update on F. Scott Fitzgerald’s 1925 novel will feature original music and lyrics by Welch, along with music from Bartlett. Rebecca Frecknall is set to direct the adaptation, produced by Len Blavatnik and Amanda Ghost for Unigram in association with Robert Fox.

I do hope this doesn't mean an even longer wait for more music from FaTM but it seems pretty cool none the less.

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

• NotDoctor changed the title to Florence + the Machine - Florence Working on Great Gatsby Musical
Popster This Way 585
1 hour ago, NotDoctor said:

Florence will be writing lyrics for the songs in the upcoming Great Gatsby Broadway musical. I'm not a huge Broadway gay but I'm excited for this.

https://pitchfork.com/news/florence-welch-to-score-new-great-gatsby-broadway-musical

I do hope this doesn't mean an even longer wait for more music from FaTM but it seems pretty cool none the less.

efuijfn this is making me think of that time florence sang a song that became a broadway one,,,

• paws up 1