Katy Perry - “Not The End Of The World” Video 12/21

SLAG

I actually liked it? It's silly but in a cute way, very Katy Perry-ish as it should be. I like Zooey Deschanel and been waiting for this crossover since 2009 lol, so yeah. Not the best video in the world but well, the era has been so tragic so far, at least we got a last act from the Smile Circus :katy:

• paws up 2

Moderator 6,288
5 minutes ago, Elvira said:

I actually liked it? It's silly but in a cute way, very Katy Perry-ish as it should be. I like Zooey Deschanel and been waiting for this crossover since 2009 lol, so yeah. Not the best video in the world but well, the era has been so tragic so far, at least we got a last act from the Smile Circus :katy:

I totally agree. I feel like the joke that they looked similar was due for acknowledgement from both of them. The idea was cute but the execution was a bit underwhelming imo. Also Zoey's a great actress but idk what she was going for. I get she's suppose to be confused/funny but it just came off kinda awkward, especially at the end where she's "performing".

• paws up 2

3 minutes ago, SLAG said:

I totally agree. I feel like the joke that they looked similar was due for acknowledgement from both of them. The idea was cute but the execution was a bit underwhelming imo. Also Zoey's a great actress but idk what she was going for. I get she's suppose to be confused/funny but it just came off kinda awkward, especially at the end where she's "performing".

Exactly! And about Zooey, I think she was told to be purposely a bit cringey while acting to be... "herself"? Maybe that's why it's kinda awkward? I don't know, I get what you're saying 'cause she is a great actress indeed but I think she was directed to be caricature-ish or something.

• paws up 2

Moderator 6,288
Just now, Delusional said:

She low-key went back to her new girl self as Jess which I think is accurate - as both Katy and Jess are quite bubbly and confused half the time

Hide contents

I don’t even know if you’ve seen new girl LMAO

Lol, I watch it all the time.

5 minutes ago, Elvira said:

Exactly! And about Zooey, I think she was told to be purposely a bit cringey while acting to be... "herself"? Maybe that's why it's kinda awkward? I don't know, I get what you're saying 'cause she is a great actress indeed but I think she was directed to be caricature-ish or something.

I didn't explain myself properly. I just meant it's like she's a mannequin in the video. Really giving nothing at all. Even Jess seems present in New Girl. Zoey is like an ornament in the video. Maybe it's just the stiff face idk. Still a great song and nice video tho! :billie:

• paws up 1

1 minute ago, SLAG said:

I didn't explain myself properly. I just meant it's like she's a mannequin in the video. Really giving nothing at all. Even Jess seems present in New Girl. Zoey is like an ornament in the video. Maybe it's just the stiff face idk. Still a great song and nice video tho! :billie:

I got it, I don't know, I think that was her purpose for the video so yeah. And yeah, the song grew a bit on me thanks to the video!

Spoiler

The bold part, you shady lmao :ally::billie:

• lol 1