COVID-19 Vaccine Likely to be Effective Against New Virus Strain, Experts Say

Battle For Your Life

RIP Angel 1,992

Concern over a new fast spreading variant of the coronavirus in England has leading manufacturers Moderna and Pfizer working to ensure their Vaccines will still be effective. While early evidence suggests the strain might be as much as 70-percent more transmissible, experts we spoke with are still optimistic about the vaccine rollout.

"Those vaccines are remarkable. The magnitude of the immune response is much better than what we've been seeing with the standard flu vaccine," says Stanford infectious disease expert Dr. Catherine Blish, M.D., Ph.D.

Dr. Blish also believes covid-19 mutations are part of the normal viral pattern.

"It looks like it's had no effect whatsoever, although one needs to keep in mind that there's a large amount of antibodies when you initially get that vaccine and it looks like the mutations have no effect," Dr. Krogan explains. "But when the antibodies start to decrease, the fear is that those mutations would result in more susceptibility when the anti-body levels are lower."

Some experts believe future vaccines might have to be tweaked, in the way flu vaccines are, if the virus were to develop a successful mutation. A process that might be quicker and less expensive for companies like Moderna and Pfizer which use a more flexible messenger-RNA platform.

Moderna has announced plans to begin testing against the UK strain in the next few weeks, but says it expects its vaccine to be effective.

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/abc7news.com/amp/covid-uk-new-strain-of-vaccine-effectiveness-stain/8988644

Edited by Daylight Oreos
  • paws up 2
  • yaas, gaga 2

1 hour ago, Twitter said:

How does it feel after the first dosage? Any side effects?

Slight localized muscle soreness but it went away within the same day. Some mild fatigue on day 3 but otherwise I was fine.

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

ARTPOPster 2,173
1 minute ago, DeanClownchester said:

Slight localized muscle soreness but it went away within the same day. Some mild fatigue on day 3 but otherwise I was fine.

Oh if that’s all then sign me up! I always feel that way anyway :billie:

• yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 38,802
4 minutes ago, DeanClownchester said:

Nothing out of the ordinary then. Pretty standard side effects with any jab.