Pope Francis gets COVID-19 vaccine – reports

Madame X

Pope Francis was reportedly vaccinated for covid-19 on 13 January, according to reports in the Argentine daily newspaper La Nación. Italian newspaper Il Fatto Quotidiano said that "Vatican sources" confirmed to it that Pope Francis had received the vaccine today, "immediately after the Swiss Guards."

The Vatican press office said it had no comment to make on the reports however its director Matteo Bruni confirmed that the Vatican's vaccination campaign had begun this morning in the atrium of the Paul VI audience hall.

In an interview on Italian television channel TG5 last Saturday night, watched by five million viewers, the 84-year-old pontiff urged people to get vaccinated against covid-19, calling it an 'ethical duty.'

The pope described opposition to the coronavirus vaccine as a "suicidal denial that I cannot explain."

Source

• paws up 1

Just now, Madame X said:

In an interview on Italian television channel TG5 last Saturday night, watched by five million viewers, the 84-year-old pontiff urged people to get vaccinated against covid-19, calling it an 'ethical duty.'

The pope described opposition to the coronavirus vaccine as a "suicidal denial that I cannot explain."

Preach, sir! :crowned:

RIP Angel 1,992
3 hours ago, Madame X said:

Pope Francis was reportedly vaccinated for covid-19 on 13 January, according to reports in the Argentine daily newspaper La Nación. Italian newspaper Il Fatto Quotidiano said that "Vatican sources" confirmed to it that Pope Francis had received the vaccine today, "immediately after the Swiss Guards."

The Vatican press office said it had no comment to make on the reports however its director Matteo Bruni confirmed that the Vatican's vaccination campaign had begun this morning in the atrium of the Paul VI audience hall.

Source

Thank goodness he did this cuz there's quite a number of Catholics that refuse to take it cuz they believe the vaccine had an evil 'microchip' and that having one would mean they're selling their souls to the devil lol.

8 hours ago, Daylight Oreos said:

there's quite a number of Catholics that refuse to take it cuz they believe the vaccine had an evil 'microchip' and that having one would mean they're selling their souls to the devil lol.

Not only Catholics, I must say. :billie: :katy: