Would you want Gaga to do a self titled album?

Lastrassi

Many artists release self titled albums in an attempt to explain to fans who they are and what they represent through their music and are usually marketed as very personal.

What are your thoughts on Gaga making a self titled album? What would it be and what would the sound/genre be?

To me I think it would dive into topics Gaga is very passionate about like Kindness, Mental health, feminism, and equality. Also, it NEEDS to be a visual album:ally:

In a sense, I feel like Joanne is kinda like her self titled album. It felt like a therapeutic record for her that was about family, love life, etc.

Anyways, what are your guys’ thoughts? Also, what would it even be called? Lady Gaga? Gaga? Stefani? Germanotta? Ra Ra girl?:ally:

The Popster 217

Joanne is her self titled album :oscar: 

The song is about her aunt but the title is her middle name representing how personal the album is to Gaga. 

Edited by NFRockwell
  • yaas, gaga 3

The Fame Popster 451

I feel like she's somebody who changes so much that a self titled album would only make sense by musing on her past selves.

If she made an album to say "this is who I am now", that would change in a few years. Something that looked back to the sounds and ideas of her past work could be cute though. Maybe even new versions of old songs.

Edited by Nino
  • paws up 1

Popster This Way 656

I would love a self-titled album, but I think it would be cool if she re-recorded tracks she never released with TF, TFM, BTW, ARTPOP, & Joanne and release them under the GAGA album. So the album spans the style of her entire "pop" discography. 

• paws up 2

The Popster 83

Yaass I would love to see what she comes up with!! In fact, I really thought LG6 would be this (but very glad we got Chromatica :classic_love:). I would love to see it be high concept like this:

10 minutes ago, Timmers said:

I would love a self-titled album, but I think it would be cool if she re-recorded tracks she never released with TF, TFM, BTW, ARTPOP, & Joanne and release them under the GAGA album. So the album spans the style of her entire "pop" discography. 

Also, I love the idea of it being a "two sided" record between "Lady" and "Gaga" (kind of like two different themes) 

Edited by HausLabsBabylon
  • yaas, gaga 1

I don't know, I'm usually not that much of a fan of self titled albums. The titles feel lazy. While the albums might not be bad, the title would be. However, if Gaga were to do one, it needs to be named Stefani, instead of Gaga or Lady Gaga. 

I just remembered, remember when y'all thought LG6 would be named G-A-G-A or GAGA? :fall: 

• yaas, gaga 1

Community Leader 2,817

I think that Chromatica, thematically, is the closest to a self titled album we've gotten so far. I do think that she uses music to reinvent herself a lot, though, so a self titled album may feel a bit contrived for her as she may feel like her soul changes with each album. 

Additionally, I wouldn't be surprised if Gaga toyed with the idea of calling Chromatica "Gaga." She got the G-A-G-A tattoo while recording it. 

Edited by Joannesrats
  • paws up 1

The Popster 92
Just now, Joannesrats said:

I think that Chromatica, thematically, is the closest to a self titled album we've gotten so far. I do think that she uses music to reinvent herself a lot, though, so a self titled album may feel a bit contrived for her as she may feel like her soul changes with each album. 

Agreed. I think Chromatica reflects on the dychotomy of Lady Gaga and Stefani so in a sense is like a self-titled album of both of those personas. 

• paws up 2