Pronoun Moderation

Joannesrats

Community Leader 2,817

Hey friends

I'm not sure where the best place to post this is as I'm still getting used to this new forum, but I have a request to @admin:

Now that this website has a pronouns slot, can we please have strict adherence to this? Meaning, if someone has pronouns in their profile and someone doesn't use them correctly (aside from sis, girl/gurl, slang terms, etc...), can we please make it punishable? And if someone doesn't have them but someone doesn't change after a quick correction, can there please be moderative action? On other forums, people that pointed it out and defended the people being misgendered were the ones that faced the consequences. I want to make sure that trans people are respected and loved here and feel safe.

Obviously, people may mess up and we need to leave room for that and if they are remorseful and correct themselves definitely 'show mercy,' but for people that actively refuse or fight about it - something needs to happen to those types of users. 

• paws up 9
  • thanks 3

Community Leader 2,817
3 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

the way admin is working alone and isn't even online rn but the site is running smoothly, calmly and stable...

*** cannot relate :snake:

I have truly been sitting here with a smile on my face, near tears, with how positive people have been towards each other today. I know that it's new and fresh, but I have some high hopes for this. I truly would love to help moderate and support Admin to the best of my abilities. I also think that there should be a PA911 discord server, but that can come in time. 

• paws up 5

Popster This Way 656
4 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

the way admin is working alone and isn't even online rn but the site is running smoothly, calmly and stable...

Well, when your site moderators aren't instructed to punish people for saying "I don't like Ariana's hair" or "What if you guys banned racism?" then there isn't a bunch of chaos to shutdown 

• thanks 3

41 minutes ago, Joannesrats said:

Hey friends

I'm not sure where the best place to post this is as I'm still getting used to this new forum, but I have a request to @admin:

Now that this website has a pronouns slot, can we please have strict adherence to this? Meaning, if someone has pronouns in their profile and someone doesn't use them correctly (aside from sis, girl/gurl, slang terms, etc...), can we please make it punishable? And if someone doesn't have them but someone doesn't change after a quick correction, can there please be moderative action? On other forums, people that pointed it out and defended the people being misgendered were the ones that faced the consequences. I want to make sure that trans people are respected and loved here and feel safe.

Obviously, people may mess up and we need to leave room for that and if they are remorseful and correct themselves definitely 'show mercy,' but for people that actively refuse or fight about it - something needs to happen to those types of users. 

spacer.png

• hugs 1

Kindness Admin 6,892

Hey all! First, thank you @Joannesrats for making this thread. As he said, I think it is very important people use the proper pronouns when referring to other users when they are listed. Please do your best to take the time to check before using another user's pronouns.

I also want to thank everyone for being so supportive and kind. It is just me handling everything right now and the site blew up a bit quicker than anticipated, but I'm super grateful for it.

Couple quick notes:

• I am going to be revising the Guidelines to be much more specific about what's unacceptable behavior and how the warning point system works. I'll make a stacked thread for it as well. People make mistakes, of course, but using the wrong pronouns will give points starting with the second offense. The warning policy overall will give everyone one point-free warning for any specific offense if it seems the transgression was not intentional. 
  • Right now, the hover info on a user does not include pronouns, but I will be editing that this week so it does, so it's easier to check one's pronouns if they've listed them.
  • After some of this is sorted out, I will begin the process of recruiting a few mods. In the meantime, please bare with me as I do have a rather hectic job too, so I can't be online as often as I likely should. That said, I have the most faith in this community.
  • Anyone who would like to make suggestions/requests/bug reports for popa911 can create a thread in the technology forum with the 'popa911' or 'suggestion' tags, depending on what they need. I think having one centralized thread right now is a great idea @Nino, so I've made one here:

Thanks all, stay kind!

• thanks 1

Community Leader 2,817
1 minute ago, admin said:

Hey all! First, thank you @Joannesrats for making this thread. As he said, I think it is very important people use the proper pronouns when referring to other users when they are listed. Please do your best to take the time to check before using another user's pronouns.

I also want to thank everyone for being so supportive and kind. It is just me handling everything right now and the site blew up a bit quicker than anticipated, but I'm super grateful for it.

Couple quick notes:

• I am going to be revising the Guidelines to be much more specific about what's unacceptable behavior and how the warning point system works. I'll make a stacked thread for it as well. People make mistakes, of course, but using the wrong pronouns will give points starting with the second offense. The warning policy overall will give everyone one point-free warning for any specific offense if it seems the transgression was not intentional. 
  • Right now, the hover info on a user does not include pronouns, but I will be editing that this week so it does, so it's easier to check one's pronouns if they've listed them.
  • After some of this is sorted out, I will begin the process of recruiting a few mods. In the meantime, please bare with me as I do have a rather hectic job too, so I can't be online as often as I likely should. That said, I have the most faith in this community.
  • Anyone who would like to make suggestions/requests/bug reports for popa911 can create a thread in the technology forum with the 'popa911' or 'suggestion' tags, depending on what they need. I think having one centralized thread right now is a great idea @Nino, so I've made one here:

Thanks all, stay kind!

Thanks for the information! You're doing a great job so far and I'm very excited for the future of this platform. 

• thanks 1

The Popster 162
50 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

LMFOA THE CENSORR

side note: first thing i noticed is how much smoother and cohesive and updated this is compared to that evil place

Edited by Aphrodizy26

Community Leader 2,817
7 minutes ago, Aphrodizy26 said:

LMFOA THE CENSORR

side note: first thing i noticed is how much smoother and cohesive and updated this is compared to that evil place

the BEST part of this site so far is the fact that the whole page doesn't reload to go to the next page of posts. it makes the user experience much smoother

And the expanded quote thing, the author tag on the OP of a thread, and the....etc

Edited by Joannesrats
  • paws up 1

Pop visitors
1 hour ago, ryanripley said:

OMG ICON, LEGEND, RYANRIPLEY.... I HAVE MISSED YOU :gaga-thanks: