First U.S. case of highly transmissible Brazilian variant identified

Mister G

"Minnesota officials announced Monday they have identified a person infected with a highly transmissible variant of the coronavirus that has been spreading at alarming rates in recent weeks in Brazil."

Stay...the f*** home. And wear...a mask. Or two.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/brazil-coronavirus-variant-minnesota/2021/01/25/bff5a8de-5f53-11eb-9430-e7c77b5b0297_story.html

Edited by Mister G
  • sad 1

Popstanne 5,076

Lovely. Yes, stay at home as much as possible, and when you must go out, wear a KN95, or a cloth mask w/ surgical mask, or at least a surgical mask...and keep your distance. 

I have a friend in Argentina who caught covid outside from more than 6 feet away from a pre-symptomatic infected individual. They were having an outdoor happy hour. My friend will be okay, as she caught a mild strain thankfully, but that transmissible variant isn't messing around. 

• hugs 1

1 hour ago, Mister G said:

Stay...the f*** home. And wear...a mask. Or two.

I think this is the issue. People who wear masks think that they can do whatever the f*** they want because the mask will it works in conjunction with social distancing and staying at home. Having a mask doesn't mean you can go everywhere and do what you want. (not talking about u btw)