Guinea Pigs are underrated + Petition

ProjectJoanne

ARTPOPster 2,173

Look I get it, they’re among the most popular pets of all time, however, when a child goes to the pet store they have a higher chance of getting a Dog, Cat, Hamster, Rat/Mouse or even a Bunny before they even glance at the Guinea Pigs.

Why is there such a hesitation towards owning one of the greatest rodents of existence?

My aunt got 2 guinea pigs for my little cousin and they do NOT like eachother at all, they’re always growling at eachother and fight over who gets to sleep under the hide out :rip:

So my aunt really wants me to have the second guinea pig they got and trust me with taking care of it since I’ve had 2 Guinea Pigs over the passed 6 years and they lived very happy and healthy lives, so it just makes sense though right?

Well, my guardians are NOT having it. They’re amazing and they work super hard, but they’re just “Absorbing the peace and quiet of not having an animal in the house” and I just think that especially since it’s been almost a year since the passing of my last guinea pig, hopefully this petition will help them change their minds. I’d like as much people as possible to help promote and sign this petition to help me help this guinea pig not have to deal with constant fights and a much better peaceful life away from that mess, you can sign here:

http://chng.it/79BM4DZTGF

Good luck everyone! And have an amazing day/night! 💖

• paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 26,763
x3

I love guinea pigs so much , i want to sign up but i don't exactly understand how this would help the guinea pig..?

Also some comments here are absolutely disgusting.  I had over 10 guinea pigs in the past and there were all part of my family.  My first ever guinea pig before she passed away came to me and asked for hugs , she basically wanted to say goodbye to me. Ok i myself eat meat so i probably should be the last one to complain about others. But this thread is about supporting a guinea pig in need. How someone can be so heartless and joking that he ate a guinea pig, an animal that just offers love,has feelings and basically do not harm anyone. 

Edited by little legend
  • paws up 1
  • thanks 1

ARTPOPster 2,173
4 hours ago, little legend said:
Spoiler

I love guinea pigs so much , i want to sign up but i don't exactly understand how this would help the guinea pig..?

Also some comments here are absolutely disgusting.  I had over 10 guinea pigs in the past and there were all part of my family.  My first ever guinea pig before she passed away came to me and asked for hugs , she basically wanted to say goodbye to me. Ok i myself eat meat so i probably should be the last one to complain about others. But this thread is about supporting a guinea pig in need. How someone can be so heartless and joking that he ate a guinea pig, an animal that just offers love,has feelings and basically do not harm anyone. 

It would help the guinea pig because they’re always constantly fighting with the other guinea pig they’re living with and if I owned it it wouldn’t have to deal with that :3

Also yeah I 100% agree, it’s disgusting, and that was a lovely story 💖

• paws up 1

ARTPOPster 2,173
27 minutes ago, Herrscher of Reason said:

I’m confused what’s disgusting about it? It’s a common cuisine in South America and I don’t think it was a joke. 

Saying under this kind of thread is not something proud of 💀

• hugs 1
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 26,763
x3
2 hours ago, Herrscher of Reason said:

I’m confused what’s disgusting about it? It’s a common cuisine in South America and I don’t think it was a joke. 

For some people ( including me) guinea pigs are considered as pets and part of the family. Of course, as i said , I myself unfortunately eat meat so I haven't the right to judge others. But this thread is about helping a guinea pig and comments about eating a guinea pig in a thread that is about guinea pig lovers are unnecessary and kinda heartless

• hugs 3