KPOP deleted from Spotify

PopEmergency

ARTPOPster 1,065

Kakao M, the main distributer and streaming service (Melon) in South Korea has taken down every single song under their wings from Spotify.

This seems to be a reaction for Spotify launching in South Korea on February 1st.

In case anyone wants to know: 

BlackPink is not distriburing through Kakao, they are still available, same with BTS

Artists that are gone include EpikHigh, LOONA, MAMAMOO

Edited by PopEmergency
  • shook 5
  • lol 1

1 minute ago, PopEmergency said:

Melon, the main distributer and streaming service of music in South Korea has taken down every single song under their wings from Spotify.

This seems to be a reaction for Spotify launching in South Korea on February 1st.

BlackPink is not distriburing through Melon, they are still available, same with BTS

E9-BC8974-BCD9-406-F-A073-9-E58680-C180-

28 minutes ago, PopEmergency said:

Kakao M, the main distributer and streaming service (Melon) in South Korea has taken down every single song under their wings from Spotify.

BlackPink is not distriburing through Kakao, they are still available, same with BTS

loona's last three eps are gone and im losing my mind

songs like hide and seek, why not, and 365 are already gone from my playlists. excusé moi while i go cry over this

• sad 2

Popster This Way 900

Some people are saying Spotify is actually responsible because they couldn't get the rights to stream this music in Korea. It wouldn't surprise me.

Spotify is this huge service and Kpop makes up a small part of their revenue, as opposed to Kakao M. who is entirely dependent on  K-pop. Spotify can afford to lose K-pop streaming for awhile, while Kakao is probably losing a huge chunk of revenue with world wide streaming gone.

People can switch to Apple or Youtube Music, but both are tiny compared to Spotify.

ARTPOPster 1,065
28 minutes ago, zach said:

i don't know what's worse, the fact i laughed when i read this or the actual situation

i guess it depends on the perspective

artists: screwed over without a say in it

the overall market: exploiting their monopol in the streaming market is bad

kpop-haters: best time of their lives

fans: screwed because they possibly have to switch services