Selena Gomez covers vogue magazine

Daddy

The Fame Popster 401

Unsurprised Jia can write the hell out of a profile. 

It's unfortunate the quote about her retiring will take up all the oxygen on social media but I do feel like it's important to discuss. She seems disappointed she didn't receive grammy nominations and critical acclaim (what else more could she want if the song is massive?) but I don't think awards will make her happy. Hell, I don't know if awards have ever made anyone happy. She seems like someone who will always be slightly disappointed with her career if she can't appreciate her success in the moment. She clearly has a lot of moral quandaries about celebrity (which I think is good!) but retiring probably isn't the answer. I hope she's working on this in CBT.

Edited by blue
  • paws up 1

Kindness Admin 6,944
36 minutes ago, Sir.Sim said:

This brings tears to my eyes!!

60-B0-F709-6195-4-DD6-A8-D4-E23-E76-AF74

I have not read this, but it seems like she maybe needs to adjust where she's looking for validation. The fact that she has so many fans who love her music is what should bring her joy. Not the folks who don't love particular music. I don't envy having to deal with the critical side of fame and art.

ARTPOPster 1,279

Beautiful photoshoot, she's stunning!

3 hours ago, admin said:

I have not read this, but it seems like she maybe needs to adjust where she's looking for validation. The fact that she has so many fans who love her music is what should bring her joy. Not the folks who don't love particular music. I don't envy having to deal with the critical side of fame and art.

This 100%! Sad that she might retire but well, if she thinks it's the best for her, who are we to judge? But I think that if she really liked it, she'd do it no matter the feedback and what people think, so that makes me wonder if she's really into that...

• paws up 2

The Fame Popster 305

I think Selena shouldn’t retire from music completely. There’s nothing wrong with taking 2-3 years off from the spotlight and focusing on your craft. She’s been in the industry for more than a decade and she has not much improved vocally. I think she needs to take some time off, do some background work, hire an amazing vocal coach and dance instructor, and take a lot of time to heal.

• paws up 1

omg she looks stunning!!!! love this photoshoot. 

11 hours ago, Hejira said:

I think Selena shouldn’t retire from music completely. There’s nothing wrong with taking 2-3 years off from the spotlight and focusing on your craft. She’s been in the industry for more than a decade and she has not much improved vocally. I think she needs to take some time off, do some background work, hire an amazing vocal coach and dance instructor, and take a lot of time to heal.

and also this, she could take some time off to work on other things. if she wants to retire, then who are we to judge? though i think she should consider just taking some time off before making a final decision

• hugs 1