Grindr Speaks Out Against Asian Hate... Kind Of

blastertoyo

ARTPOPster 2,470

i get the asian hate but not really pacific islander? maybe it's a U.S thing, but i haven't seen anyone say anything about pacific islanders, and i am one. polynesians don't look like asians at all, unless they have a asian ancestor (there are a lot of part chinese samoans, i believe china colonised samoa in the 19th century or some time period). can someone explain?

ARTPOPster 1,319
4 hours ago, thetea said:

i get the asian hate but not really pacific islander? maybe it's a U.S thing, but i haven't seen anyone say anything about pacific islanders, and i am one. polynesians don't look like asians at all, unless they have a asian ancestor (there are a lot of part chinese samoans, i believe china colonised samoa in the 19th century or some time period). can someone explain?

Not really sure what your question is asking? I’m gonna assume you didn’t mean you understand why Asians are being hated on in America and had good intentions. 

I think the point is to protect against any hate against these communities and opening up that spotlight to anyone who identifies or belongs to these ancestries, not so much as care who’s from where. Racists aren’t gonna differentiate between these, especially when they think all Asians are Chinese and blame anyone Asian or Pacific Islander for the “China virus”. Protecting all adjacent communities seems like a wise choice since it’s not like we should really be waiting around to see if hate crimes are being committed against Pacific Islanders and then making a separate movement for that. Does that answer what I think you’re asking? 

• paws up 1

ARTPOPster 2,470
1 hour ago, blastertoyo said:

Not really sure what your question is asking? I’m gonna assume you didn’t mean you understand why Asians are being hated on in America and had good intentions. 

I think the point is to protect against any hate against these communities and opening up that spotlight to anyone who identifies or belongs to these ancestries, not so much as care who’s from where. Racists aren’t gonna differentiate between these, especially when they think all Asians are Chinese and blame anyone Asian or Pacific Islander for the “China virus”. Protecting all adjacent communities seems like a wise choice since it’s not like we should really be waiting around to see if hate crimes are being committed against Pacific Islanders and then making a separate movement for that. Does that answer what I think you’re asking? 

thanks, that's not really what i was saying though. i just found it weird that they included pacific islanders, i haven't heard about any hate crimes towards pacific islanders, nor have i experienced it as one. we don't even look asian so i find it kinda strange. i'm in no way dismissing asian hate, i've seen it firsthand and the lengths people go to demean asians

Edited by thetea

ARTPOPster 1,319
2 hours ago, thetea said:

i just found it weird that they included pacific islanders, i haven't heard about any hate crimes towards pacific islanders, nor have i experienced it as one. we don't even look asian so i find it kinda strange.

Lucky you :enigma: