Pure Heroine vs Melodrama

Gone

Pure Heroine vs Melodrama  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Pure Heroine vs Melodrama

Moderator 3,690

Yeah, Melodrama is better, one of the best pop albums of the 2010s. Pure Heroine is a very good pop album, but Melodrama is in a league of it's own, the melodies, the lyrics, the way the song at the beginning of the album are referenced at the end of the album. I am still mad that Bruno won AOTY in 2018 Grammy's, it should have gone to Kendrick or Lorde!

Deactivated 14,311
1 minute ago, Joesuda said:

Yeah, Melodrama is better, one of the best pop albums of the 2010s. Pure Heroine is a very good pop album, but Melodrama is in a league of it's own, the melodies, the lyrics, the way the song at the beginning of the album are referenced at the end of the album. I am still mad that Bruno won AOTY in 2018 Grammy's, it should have gone to Kendrick or Lorde!

Why Bruno is ever awarded is beyond me. He is recycling the past and not even doing anything new with it! 

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

Moderator 3,690
1 minute ago, Bakugo said:

Why Bruno is ever awarded is beyond me. He is recycling the past and not even doing anything new with it! 

That year the AOTY nominees were 3 rap albums (Kendrick, Childish Gambino, Jay Z), Bruno and Melodrama. The rap albums split the vote among themselves so they were out of the contention. That left Bruno and Lorde and Bruno had more cross-genre appeal (pop, RnB, maybe even techincal categories). 

• paws up 2

Deactivated 14,311
1 minute ago, Joesuda said:

That year the AOTY nominees were 3 rap albums (Kendrick, Childish Gambino, Jay Z), Bruno and Melodrama. The rap albums split the vote among themselves so they were out of the contention. That left Bruno and Lorde and Bruno had more cross-genre appeal (pop, RnB, maybe even techincal categories). 

The way I only ever watch Grammy’s when Gaga is a contender. Otherwise...