TRIGGER WARNING | MTN Theory

derpmonster

ARTPOPster 1,476

CW: Sexual assault

Hi all. I just wanna share this theory that my boyfriend and I have about the f-ing masterpiece that the Marry The Night music video is. I never really shared this before because it would've been inappropriate to speculate on this stuff (it still is) but now that we know Gaga got pregnant from the rape, it makes more sense to me.

First off, I have to say I am incredibly, incredibly moved by the courage Gaga showed to share this story.

Theory: The medical procedure Gaga is hospitalized for in Marry The Night is an abortion. 

Here's the evidence:

• The nurse says "no intimacy for two weeks"
  • She has low blood pressure which is consistent with blood loss
  • "They only wore those funny hats to keep the blood out of their hair" (abortions can be very bloody)
  • "Back there at the clinic..." - The word "clinic" is often used in the United States to refer specifically to abortion centers. Other establishments are generally referred to as hospital.
  • All patients at the clinic were women.
  • It was after going back home that she got dropped by the label. Considering she was 19, the timeline makes sense.

I suspect maybe she spoke up about it now because so many states in the US are trying to restrict abortion (but that could be a reach).

Let me know your thoughts and keep it respectful, y'all. It's her business of course but at the same time, abortion shouldn't be taboo and we should talk freely about it. I think she is someone who would put that in her art.

Lady Gaga - Marry The Night (Official Music Video) - YouTube

Edited by derpmonster

• SLAG changed the title to TRIGGER WARNING | MTN Theory
The Fame Popster 401

I mean, it's all but confirmed that MTN is about this now, but a lot of your points are reaching and kind of weird (ie, your last bullet point). I would try to not characterize this situation.

Edited by blue
  • hugs 1

ARTPOPster 1,476
55 minutes ago, blue said:

I mean, it's all but confirmed that MTN is about this now, but a lot of your points are reaching and kind of weird (ie, your last bullet point). I would try to not characterize this situation.

Understandable - I'm sorry that it came across as weird or uncomfortable. I know it's reaching and maybe the phrasing isn't the best but I wasn't sure how to. I have edited it out because I do recognize why it was an iffy thing to say.

At the same time I didn't know it was that obvious or trivial what this video is about, so I made the thread to share it with those who might not.