“Haus Labs, which is Lady Gaga’s makeup brand. I hate it, I hate it so much”

blastertoyo

Pop-a-911-ster 38,536

It is very boring. I hate because of that but mostly because it takes up 80% of Gaga's interaction with the world even on a music era :rip:

I guess it is Sarah Tanno's brand which makes a lot more sense because she seems a very regular girl if you will.

Edited by ChromaticaOreos
  • paws up 1

ARTPOPster 1,319
On 6/18/2021 at 2:11 PM, 0707alp said:

She said before that she wanted to create a brand that is caterable to everyone, she wants this to be a generalfield make up line not a Gaga themed one

Fenty isn’t “Rihanna themed” either, it’s just not basic and boring :zoom:

The sad thing is Haus Labs is obviously gaga themed since they make promotional materials and actual products named after her music, Stupid Love pallette and shade names, Bad Kids Vault. It just doesn’t match or make sense.

they even post things like this, which is a stretch to call a nude lip and blush “born this way inspired” 

ARTPOPster 1,340
4 hours ago, blastertoyo said:

Fenty isn’t “Rihanna themed” either, it’s just not basic and boring :zoom:

The sad thing is Haus Labs is obviously gaga themed since they make promotional materials and actual products named after her music, Stupid Love pallette and shade names, Bad Kids Vault. It just doesn’t match or make sense.

they even post things like this, which is a stretch to call a nude lip and blush “born this way inspired” 

The nerve... How the f.. they could post this video and call it BTW inspired, this brand is really a soulless cash grab

The Popster 162
On 6/18/2021 at 1:53 AM, Delusional said:

She said what most of us think so she’s right lol

the packaging is incredibly basic and the products/brand have absolutely 0 relevance to the Haus of Gaga so idk why Haus Labs is named after it 

Why do we not have products inspired by the meat dress, paparazzi VMA’s, a shallow ocean themed palette for the summer with an ‘IRINA’ shade, Sour Candy lip glosses/balms etc etc

imagine disco stick shaped lip products or concealers 

NOTHING. INNOVATIVE.

They don’t even TRY with the packaging or concepts. WHY is Lady Gaga the poster girl for this brand that she runs and it isn’t even remotely related to her. 

Pause, I’m gonna stop you right there chief. 
Haus Labs’ packaging is peak BTW and The Fame Perfume era aesthetics, just minimalistic. If her packaging were to be higher end the price would go up and one thing I can say I agree w is that her products are def not worth the full price (except maybe the liner.) 

Sour Candy inspired Lip Oils (very much inspired by K Beauty) were their latest release. It’s obvious most of this was/is intended to be released alongside music (BTW Vault, SL Palette, SC Lip Oils however SC single rollout was obviously cancelled)

It’s all there… you can say you don’t like the brand or products but when I see the argument that the brand’s aesthetic isn’t Gaga … that just never makes any sense to me.

The Popster 162
3 hours ago, 0707alp said:

The nerve... How the f.. they could post this video and call it BTW inspired, this brand is really a soulless cash grab

It’s about showing off what the products are capable of; if you want to do something soft you can do something soft. If you want to go the extra mile and keep it messy (which is on brand for Gaga) then you can

Community Leader 2,817
29 minutes ago, Aphrodizy26 said:

It’s about showing off what the products are capable of; if you want to do something soft you can do something soft. If you want to go the extra mile and keep it messy (which is on brand for Gaga) then you can

That's what they say it's about and then they recreate stuff from 10 years ago without any additions to it or actually having anything revolutionary. There's a brand they're trying to push that the products aren't aligning with. 

The Popster 162
1 minute ago, Joannesrats said:

That's what they say it's about and then they recreate stuff from 10 years ago without any additions to it or actually having anything revolutionary. There's a brand they're trying to push that the products aren't aligning with. 

i genuinely don’t understand the hate for this brand. like at this point it really is unnecessary hate. fans were mad that HL came before the album and beauty gurus were mad a celebrity was releasing makeup and the two forces just joined :eyega:

like are people not tired just … being haters at this point :whatga:

Community Leader 2,817
18 minutes ago, Aphrodizy26 said:

i genuinely don’t understand the hate for this brand. like at this point it really is unnecessary hate. fans were mad that HL came before the album and beauty gurus were mad a celebrity was releasing makeup and the two forces just joined :eyega:

like are people not tired just … being haters at this point :whatga:

It's just a mediocre brand and people expected more of it considering it's Gaga. If it wasn't trying to relate to her career then the lackluster and boring shades/products are fine, but when you have a palette named after the fame or stupid love you expect something more revolutionary like her entire career was. and people were upset with her doing it because it literally looks like just a cashgrab from most perspectives. 

• paws up 1

The Popster 162
4 minutes ago, Joannesrats said:

It's just a mediocre brand and people expected more of it considering it's Gaga. If it wasn't trying to relate to her career then the lackluster and boring shades/products are fine, but when you have a palette named after the fame or stupid love you expect something more revolutionary like her entire career was. and people were upset with her doing it because it literally looks like just a cashgrab from most perspectives. 

I don’t know how to respond to this other than They can only give materials that go so far, it’s not their fault if people can’t just be creative enough with how they use the products. :romance:

Community Leader 2,817
5 minutes ago, Aphrodizy26 said:

I don’t know how to respond to this other than They can only give materials that go so far, it’s not their fault if people can’t just be creative enough with how they use the products. :romance:

And it’s not our fault that the products aren’t bold enough to fit the brand they’re failing to push 

The Fame Popster 436
On 6/18/2021 at 9:53 AM, Delusional said:

She said what most of us think so she’s right lol

the packaging is incredibly basic and the products/brand have absolutely 0 relevance to the Haus of Gaga so idk why Haus Labs is named after it 

Why do we not have products inspired by the meat dress, paparazzi VMA’s, a shallow ocean themed palette for the summer with an ‘IRINA’ shade, Sour Candy lip glosses/balms etc etc

imagine disco stick shaped lip products or concealers 

NOTHING. INNOVATIVE.

They don’t even TRY with the packaging or concepts. WHY is Lady Gaga the poster girl for this brand that she runs and it isn’t even remotely related to her. 

to make a quick buck