The Reason I Don't Like "Fancams"

Timmers

Popster This Way 656

200.gif

We had full, 3-4 minute fan vids, creatively putting together clips of a movie or TV show or celebrity set to a song. Sure, some we're lazy, but some people put real A+ energy into creating cool fans vids. Some of these vids even had scenes where it looked like the character/celebrity was lip-syncing the song.

And now the new generation comes along with their cute little "fan cams," little 20-second montages that are more like a slideshow than a video. And they don't even know that a "cam" is not what they're making. They're making a video.  :pillow:

FAN CAM :gaga-scream:

FAN VIDs :romance:

Thankfully my kind of people are still around and serving bop after bop after bopppp video.

But what happened to talent? Fancams are a drain on government resources. Make FanVids great again.

Spoiler

This post is mostly kidding, and I wrote it with Trevor Noah's Trump voice in my head lol

• paws up 2
  • hugs 1
  • thanks 2

Popster This Way 656
Just now, Lastrassi said:

Maybe if you stanned LOONA this wouldn't have happened

spacer.png

Hide contents

Yes I know that isn't LOONA leave me alone

spacer.png

If you hadn't told me, I wouldn't have known that isn't LOONA

loo GIF

• lol 1

The Fame Popster 428

As someone who spent many frustrated hours making fan vids with Windows Movie Maker (:gaga-scream:) I thank you for this important  service announcement :gaga-thanks: 

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster This Way 656
1 minute ago, LaLa said:

As someone who spent many frustrated hours making fan vids with Windows Movie Maker (:gaga-scream:) I thank you for this important  service announcement :gaga-thanks: 

And I thank you for your free service to the world and a reminder of the good ole days before fancams and celebrity jockstraps :gaga-thanks:

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,889

My Twilight videos I found back in the day set to songs that I SWORE needed to be in the original movie..:rip: or all my Smallville/Tom Welling ones....:tea:

It is weird to think of things that have changed. It reminds me of my age but also makes me REALLY happy I grew up when I grew up with these things.

• paws up 1