The Journey Continues - Chromatica Ball on MAX- Charts Discussion Thread

PanPikus

Pop-a-911-ster 32,709
On 4/26/2024 at 3:26 PM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

A rock album? What was the last rock song to do well on the charts? There's no way to smash with a rock album because this genre is not popular anymore. The last rock song to top the Hot 100 was "How You Remind Me" in 2001 (!). The GP wants Adele-like HAC music from Gaga, not a rock album with Dope vocals. A rock album from Gaga will be a massive flop.   

She might deliver a glam rock/pop rock album, but I'm not sure whether there's demand for this in 2024. The last big pop-rock song was "So What." Miley's Plastic Hearts was a flop (despite its high quality).  

Didn’t Hozier just go #1 with a rock song? 

• thanks 4

The Fame Popster 474

She's not doing a Rock Album
Even if she does I'm sure it won't be Rolling Stone style of Rock Music :icant: I don't even believe she's capable of writing a real rock song

Pop-a-911-ster 23,043
On 4/26/2024 at 5:10 PM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

There's a slight difference between rock/folk-influenced country-pop and a rock album:mess: 

And Gaga never does strictly one genre anyway, so my understanding when people say rock, it's a given it is a uniting thread but not the only element. Born This Way is also full of rock elements and it's one of her best albums.

• paws up 3

Pop-a-911-ster 38,959
On 4/26/2024 at 10:15 PM, Dean Judaster said:

And Gaga never does strictly one genre anyway, so my understanding when people say rock, it's a given it is a uniting thread but not the only element. Born This Way is also full of rock elements and it's one of her best albums.

This is what I mean. 

• paws up 3

A Popster Is Born 13,734
On 4/26/2024 at 11:34 PM, Dean Judaster said:

The WoW changes :mess:

Summerboy back to its forgettable numbers, what a same

ARTPOPster 1,330
On 4/27/2024 at 5:00 AM, DonnieDarko said:

I’m sorry but Lady Gaga releasing a rock album would be the worst idea ever. Her fans will leave, the gp won’t be interested, the critics won’t treat her seriously, the streams will be awful. 

I agree because I know making the songs catchy isn’t her focus but rather the vocals only nowadays :bebe: but at least she’ll have our first listens when the album drops (if it’s truly bad) 

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,136
x3

little legend's productions is so happy to announce that we are teaming up with Nurtuc Pills and Home Labs which will fund POPa911's biggest game event. 

CC-promos.jpg

Last day to Join:

• lol 2

Pop-a-911-ster 22,208

I thought after first week TTPD songs on Apple Music US were gonna start dropping terribly but they are holding really well :whatga:

• yaas, gaga 1

ARTPOPster 1,415
On 4/27/2024 at 2:38 AM, MANiCURE1295 said:

Didn’t Hozier just go #1 with a rock song? 

That coffee song is not rock bffr

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 21,007

i had a dream today that gaga released TCB film along with the lead single :crying:

it was incredible :crying:

• love 1

Pop-a-911-ster 28,109

I always find it interesting how the commercial performance or at least the debut of the songs by latin MPGs is way more linked to the song itself than with anglo pop, where it feels like we can already tell how an album/single is gonna do (at least at first) based on the artist momentums before we even hear anything.

• PanPikus changed the title to The Journey Continues - Chromatica Ball on MAX- Charts Discussion Thread