The Journey Continues - Chromatica Ball on MAX- Charts Discussion Thread

PanPikus

ARTPOPster 1,634
On 5/4/2024 at 11:11 AM, JustJames said:

Chromatica was a flop

Chromatica was not a flop - it performed much better commercially than Joanne (which as an album was not a flop either). Besides, Chromatica had, as you mentioned, a much better promo campaign, and even a number one debut (even if it had a short overall chart run). When I started college in person in 2022 most straight dudes knew Rain on Me

• paws up 2
  • thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/4/2024 at 12:24 PM, Dean Judaster said:

Warner won't be too happy after investing so much to make her a new madonna. FN is still undoubtedly huge and a really good album, but if that still can't support Dua's career in the long run, then she probably will see a huge slash on her promo budget and resort to #ShotOniPhone deals

I'm actually glad of this, Warner need to let the woman breath, she gave us huge DL and FN eras and big hit with DTN. She barely released  Houdini that they went in press to say 'we want DL3 to be as huge as FN'. 

Like seriously the level of pressuring the artist :enigma:

I'd like Dua to go more experimental next, and that means less support and pressure from Warner. I'm sure the tracks from RO would have gone more experimental if Warner didn't want their FN 2.0.

Edited by Moonlight Shadow
  • paws up 2
  • thanks 1
  • lol 1

Popster This Way 584

Radical Optimism, apart the first 2 singles is not memorable. Houdini is so out of place in the album,   future nostalgia was more cohesive and most songs sounded like singles on first listen. 

Maybe Watchadoing is the only single worthy song, but the rest is filler.

Taylor, Beyonce, Ariana, Dua  all these 2024 albums are either bloated or unmemorable so far.

Now let’s see what Billie album sounds like.:billie:

• thanks 2

Random but the TikTok theory could be actually true that could explain why Interscope also aimed a Billie Eilish release in May. And Camilla Cabello in June, Eminem in Summer and potientially Gaga soon as well.

When we look at the full image, they kinda remained free from big releases since the TikTok removed songs. Maybe they were just waiting the deal to be done ?

A Popster Is Born 12,187
On 5/4/2024 at 10:06 PM, Moonlight Shadow said:

Random but the TikTok theory could be actually true that could explain why Interscope also aimed a Billie Eilish release in May. And Camilla Cabello in June, Eminem in Summer and potientially Gaga soon as well.

When we look at the full image, they kinda remained free from big releases since the TikTok removed songs. Maybe they were just waiting the deal to be done ?

I just want Gaga to release after this Grammy voting period ends because there’s way too much competition this year.

• paws up 1

On 5/4/2024 at 7:21 PM, Adarsh said:

I just want Gaga to release after this Grammy voting period ends because there’s way too much competition this year.

Tbh I don't really give a F about Grammys, the big categories has always been anti Gaga even at her creative peak. It's never a safe bet with her even with amazing material.

And truly, even with big amount of artists releasing this year, quality has often jumped ship lately. I hope her album will be more daring comparing to what has been released as of now

• paws up 1
  • thanks 3

ARTPOPster 1,634

I'm so out of the loop with the Drake vs. Kendrick Lamar beef going on, apparently there are already like seven diss tracks :rip:

Drake is getting called a pedophile and bragging about how big he is :laughga:

Moderator 16,460
On 5/4/2024 at 7:46 PM, Ben said:

I'm so out of the loop with the Drake vs. Kendrick Lamar beef going on, apparently there are already like seven diss tracks :rip:

Drake is getting called a pedophile and bragging about how big he is :laughga:

And Kendrick hits his wife

• shook 1

The Popster 209

Dua Lipa numbers are tragic compared to FN, I guess she could aim to longevity with her singles and a new 4rd single for the the long run 

Popster to Popster 3,693
Posted (edited)
On 5/4/2024 at 1:30 PM, Sour Candy said:

Dua Lipa numbers are tragic compared to FN, I guess she could aim to longevity with her singles and a new 4rd single for the the long run 

This era is toast. I think she needs a year break to regroup. This is really weak. It basically shows she hasn't had any growth since FN and doesn’t have an actual fan base. Just general public folks who casually listen. I can’t believe she put this album out and thought it would do well. It’s so boring. I mean, “Anything For Love” has a great chorus… but it’s unfinished and basically a demo. 1:54 once you remove the intro? That’s not a f-ing song. That’s an idea. 

Edited by ConnorFilm
  • paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,693
On 5/4/2024 at 2:02 PM, Moonlight Shadow said:

The Idea of You is sweet! Nicholas Galitzine is a cutie, too. Also, the album that was made for the fictional boy band group from the film isn’t too shabby either. 👀 

• love 1

Popstanne 8,943
On 5/4/2024 at 11:16 PM, emig_09 said:

Her fans were expecting 30M 

not second biggest debut being highlighted as some kind of achievement, when she had like only three albums :laughga:

• lol 4

• PanPikus changed the title to The Journey Continues - Chromatica Ball on MAX- Charts Discussion Thread