Shallow turns two

Andreu

Pop-a-911-ster 27,945

Two years ago, Lady Gaga released one of the most important songs of her career. Shallow brought Gaga again to the top of the charts worldwide, and became her first Hot 100 chart topper in over seven years; won an Oscar and two Grammy awards and became her first song to cross 1000M spotify streams.

• paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 27,945

Shallow YouTube Stats:

Official uploads total: 964M (1207M if we count the oscar performance)

official video 935

autogenerated audio 15M

Warner LatAm uploaded the official video w spanish subtitles 14M

Officially uploaded performances

Oscars: 323M

Bonus

this random video has 42M :rip:

13M

24M

This random performance has been viewed 80M times from these three videos alone:rip:

And no need to mention there are tons of unofficial lyric videos, one of which has 95M streams

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 10,183

What a classic! It gave us everything we wanted for a Gaga single: #1s, 1B on Spotify and YT (soon), multiple Grammys. And not to mention its never ending impact and love by the GP!

I remember thinking critics were delusional to compare it to Whitney s IWALY... but they were right

Pop-a-911-ster 26,799

The first time I heard Shallow I said : "oh wow the song will flop so hard with the crowd noise, they better release ARTUW or INLA as a single asap".:awkney: 

And now Shallow is one of her biggest song in her career, a timeless classic that will last forever, still in the top 100 on Spotify WW, the most awarded song in history, insane longevity everywhere...etc :shakes:

I was so wrong I'll never doubt Godga again :rip: 

• paws up 1

Ahh, just 2 years ago today we were melting down about how the song would absolutely flop :ally: our minds :ally:

I still maintain that the trailer/studio version from those 15 seconds alone is miles better and I hope we get to hear it before I die

• paws up 1