Harry Styles - Official page

Gone

Deactivated 14,311

I wasn’t a fan of his previous era, so you could imagine how apprehensive I was when this next era started! However on 11 October 2019 when Lights Up was released- I was coloured gooped and fell in love!

Spoiler

Not only was this a fantastic lead single with a simple but beautiful video, his live performances were fantastic as well! 

Spoiler

I was ready to leave it as this and just accept he wouldn’t be able to top Lights Up, but then came Adore You. I was blown away and full blown stan! 

Spoiler

And only just this year did he do a howard stern performance 

This video was so creative and quirky and I loved it so much!!! The album dropped shortly after and my god (which is weird 5

to say because I’m atheist) but Jesus was it beyond expectations!!

When Falling video was released that cemented to me that this era was visually one of the best things around in the current state of pop music! (Notice I say pop music) so emotional, so beautiful- I was so happy where this was going for this era! 

Spoiler

The live performance at the Brit awards was also one of my favourite moments this year!

The fashion he has been serving and the level of input in his creations, Harry is a brilliant artist and everyone should stan! 

Harry continued with his iconic era with releasing Watermelon Sugar and Golden (only recently) both were consistent to his vision however due to the Pandemic restrictions he did the best he could! Musically they are both fantastic single choices.

Spoiler

To me Fine Line is Album of the Year and I hope sweeps the grammy’s! 

• paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 38,442

This era has been interesting to follow. His new video is about to do more than Ariana's latest video even though it's his second post album single. He either has a huge following or his gaining a lot of traction right now which is exciting. It already is a huge era and something tells me he is shaping up to serve an even more iconic era after this one, given the enormous success he's having.

• paws up 1

Deactivated 14,311
8 minutes ago, zcasx said:

This era has been interesting to follow. His new video is about to do more than Ariana's latest video even though it's his second post album single. He either has a huge following or his gaining a lot of traction right now which is exciting. It already is a huge era and something tells me he is shaping up to serve an even more iconic era after this one, given the enormous success he's having.

I really Hope so. It is the first time I have been obsessed with a male artist! 

Deactivated 14,311
3 minutes ago, Twitter said:

I only like 4 tracks on Fine Line but that’s more than his self titled album. :rip:

Crime! Nah thats fair! It isn’t for everyone. It is for me tho! 

• shook 1

I love your experience with this era. It really is the most exciting era this year. When Lights Up came out I didn't have high hopes for the album but then Adore You came and I was blown away. Falling (which deserved global success btw) is a gorgeous song and Watermelon Sugar is just THAT b*ch. Golden is a great single choice too. In retrospect, the era really has been consistent and greatly rolled out.

I disagree with the statement of Fine Line being better than his debut. Its second half pulls the quality down a lot for me, whereas his debut doesn't reach the highs of Fine Line (bar Sign Of The Times) but is more consistent.

Edited by Spinning Bottles

3 hours ago, Bakugo said:

@Spinning Bottles that is fair statement. I prefer Fine Line more is probably what I should have said. 

Oh, but I didn't mean to call you out or something. Sorry if I implied that. Taste is personal, and you have every right to say the album is better than his debut :gaga-thanks:

Fine Line would be my 2nd choice for AOTY after Chromatica and i didn't like any songs from his first album except for 2. The era is also one of the best in a long time with many videos, singles and performances (pre corona atleast). 

• 2 months later...
  • admin changed the title to Harry Styles - Official page
Kindness Admin 6,892
39 minutes ago, ... said:

@admin

Capitalise the P pl0x thx

Incorrect. Although this is NOT something that has been consistent, I believe one should only capitalize the first word of a title and proper names. Ironic since all titles are caps here, but when they're not, that'll be the standard.

Kindness Admin 6,892
2 minutes ago, Twitter said:

Update: I’m gonna try to relisten to his album this weekend.

Yassss, I love it (I really love both albums tho).

At our wedding I'm going to make him sing a nice medley.

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 38,800
1 minute ago, Twitter said:

That’s great! And yeah many people keep suggesting I give it a second chance so this weekend I will. :oscar:

You casually ignoring the second sentence :icant:

• 2 months later...