A Little Monsterrr

ARTPOPster 1,672

Some reasons why (I feel bad for it still):

• Chromatica's songs like Rain On Me left charts which is so sad
  • 911 music video didn't get the recognition it deserves
  • The album didn't have too much promotion unlike her old albums
  • Elections and Covid interfered with the era too
  • The timing is just not good and right

I wanna hear about other people's opinions....
  • paws up 4

RIP Angel 1,992

- ROM debuted at #1 and stayed at the top 10 for three weeks. 

- 911 was recognized by the entire country of Armenia, and there were quite a number of articles that were made disecting the symbolisms in the video. It's only been a month and it's already surpassed Joanne MV's views and will surpass John Wayne's soon (probably before December). The US is not the entire world.

- COVID-19

- Exactly

- I swear ya'll were singing a different tune when she postponed the album release

The album was one of the highest selling albums of 2020. It didn't flop and she did amazingly for a popstar that debuted 12 years ago.

Edited by idontevenknow
  • paws up 2
  • thanks 2

ARTPOPster 1,672
1 hour ago, idontevenknow said:

- ROM debuted at #1 and stayed at the top 10 for three weeks. 

- 911 was recognized by the entire country of Armenia, and there were quite a number of articles that were made dissecting the symbolisms in the video. It's only been a month and it's already surpassed Joanne MV's views and will surpass John Wayne's soon (probably before December).

- COVID-19

- Exactly

- I swear ya'll were singing a different tune when she postponed the album release

The album was one of the highest selling albums of 2020. It didn't flop and she did amazingly for a popstar that debuted 12 years ago.

this is true but in my country, it flopped bc no one knows Gaga here bc she's "evil and not good for children" like she helped people to come out and people keep on mentioning the reasons above which makes me feel bad for so called fans

Edited by A Little Monsterrr

A Popster Is Born 12,029
2 hours ago, A Little Monsterrr said:

this is true but in my country, it flopped bc no one knows Gaga here bc she's "evil and not good for children" like she helped people to come out and people keep on mentioning the reasons above which makes me feel bad for so called fans

add to this its not #130 on BB 200 in its 22nd week... bad

• paws up 1

I won’t be as critical regarding the lack of performances, it is very clear why she didn’t give us any (except VMA’s).

I am, however, critical of now under-prepared they were when it came to visuals. As I have stated before, it should have been either a: a visual album for very obvious reasons or b: had numerous music videos shot and completed + ready for release.

There is no reason we never had an online listening party, or why the website never launched, or why she simply didn’t dress up at home and take pics with a professional camera and post them online to keep the hype train going for a bit. Simple things like this can keep us engaged and interested in the era.

I get annoyed when I see an extravagantly visual artist like Gaga get stingy with her projects, like what else are you waiting for? It’s your long awaited return to pop. 911 was proof she still has that fire in her. I would’ve liked to see more of that, but oh well. 

I wouldn't say Flopmatica. More like Flop-2020 in general.

The album didn't really flop. We might have been frustrated for a lot of the era but it is what it is I suppose. I think fans need to realise she's never gonna be like her 2010 self (constantly promoting, constantly at the top, etc), and she shouldn't be incessantly compared to herself in her prime. It's unhealthy for her, and probably for most fan's too lol. 

• thanks 1

Kindness Admin 6,944

The album didn't flop. It did OK. It wasn't a re-peak, sure. And I know you just don't mean charts, but I really love the album and videos (so far) and that's not a flop to me. We'll have more too.

Yes to @paradox - the year flopped.

• thanks 1