Dua Lipa performs Don't Start Now and Levitating on SNL

Dirkje

Moderator 4,653
3 minutes ago, Delusional said:

This woman doesn’t stop. It’s inspiring 

Ikr? Its what I meant with what I said in another thread. The pandamic for some reason has done her good. It made her use her creativity to the max and knew how to give us a proper era in a time where so many people are at home not knowing what to do during the day. Dua brings that moment of joy. 

• yaas, gaga 1

Moderator 4,653
2 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Imagine if the pandemic wasn’t around - all those performances from small studios instead at huge arenas for award shows? Iconic moments have been lost but she’s made up for them. (and paying off in numbers!)

If there was no pandamic I would have had an amazing evening at her show. But because that didnt happen, we got studio 2054 which was a succes!

• yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 38,795
2 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Gosh her vocals and her stage prescence are... Meh 

If she's Grammy campaigning the people who deserve the Grammy are the people behind the Dua machine 

She's worse than Katy in regard to those :rip:

• paws up 1
  • shook 1

A Popster Is Born 11,833
39 minutes ago, BenG said:

She's worse than Katy in regard to those :rip:

Not surprised ATRL stanning her. She is another britney/rihanna in my eyes.. A nice tone and good look but I don't see her artistic input or talent anywhere at all. The most talented MPG who stood the test of time did so because of the talent... Many become 3 era wonders. Let's see if she lasts. 

Pop-a-911-ster 38,795
4 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Not surprised ATRL stanning her. She is another britney/rihanna in my eyes.. A nice tone and good look but I don't see her artistic input or talent anywhere at all. The most talented MPG who stood the test of time did so because of the talent... Many become 3 era wonders. Let's see if she lasts. 

She's an artist only for the ears.

4 hours ago, Delusional said:

This woman doesn’t stop. It’s inspiring 

It really is. I really wish her the best of luck, she promotes her a** off and she really stands behind this project. Although the zillion Levitating remixes are annoying, it shows she has the drive to become the biggest popstar in the world.

Hopefully people like her and Harry and The Weeknd inspire people to have long eras again and to actually promote them.

• yaas, gaga 1

Moderator 4,653
13 minutes ago, Blown Away said:

It really is. I really wish her the best of luck, she promotes her a** off and she really stands behind this project. Although the zillion Levitating remixes are annoying, it shows she has the drive to become the biggest popstar in the world.

Hopefully people like her and Harry and The Weeknd inspire people to have long eras again and to actually promote them.

This!!

Community Leader 2,817

The DSN performance was meh at best. The one of Levitating was much better. She always looks awkward and stuff when trying to dance - I said after the DSN performance she needed to stay still and focus on the music and she did that for Levitating and it paid off. 

Community Leader 2,817
7 hours ago, Delusional said:

Dua is trying though. She is trying to grow bigger. She is trying to develop herself artistically while also maintaining success. (Whether that’s with Payola or not)

The growth over the years is obvious and her charisma is what attracts people. To say her vocals are worse than Katy’s is also just offensive since Dua can dance and sing perfectly fine all at the same time nowadays. 

Have any of you ever thought people stan her because... she has an infinite drive of stamina and that’s what people look for in a pop star? (Along with good music, which she definitely has)

But that’s just it - she’s just fine. She has a good a** album out but her stage presence and live performance is lacking. It does not seem natural for her when she’s on stage the way it does for Gaga or Katy or....any other huge pop star, even Billie. It seems like she’s trying to be something she’s not when she’s moving and dancing with how stiff she looks. 

Her stamina and ambition is great to see, but that isn’t what will make people love an artist. I love her music, truly, but her live moments are mediocre. I wouldn’t seek out going to see her in concert.