Jessie J Hospitalized and diagnosed with Meniere's disease on Christmas eve

Dirkje

Moderator 4,653
5fe9d61cf42a534a90616e8a?ops=contain(740

Jessie J suffered a serious health scare ahead of the holidays.

The “Nobody’s Perfect” singer had to be hospitalized on Christmas Eve (December 24) after the singer shared that she was temporarily unable to sing, hear or walk in a straight line after coming down with Meniere’s disease just before Christmas Day.

According to Mayo Clinic, the disease is a disorder of the inner ear that can lead to dizzy spells (vertigo) and hearing loss. In most cases, Meniere's disease affects only one ear.

“I woke up and felt like I was completely deaf in my right ear, couldn’t walk in a straight line,” Jessie explained in a video shared to her Instagram Stories, as per E! News. “Basically I got told I had Meniere’s syndrome. I know that a lot of people suffer from it and I’ve actually had a lot of people reach out to me and give me great advice, so I’ve just been laying low in silence.”

"Now’s the first time I’ve been able to sing and bear it. I just miss singing so much and being around anyone," said the songbird, who feels “super grateful for my health” after feeling back to normal again.

“It could be way worse, it is what it is," she continued. "It just threw me off. On Christmas Eve I was in the ear hospital going, ‘What is going on?’ But I’m glad I went early and they worked out what it was real quick and I got put on the right medicine, so I feel a lot better today.” 

Source:
https://www.iheart.com/content/2020-12-28-jessie-j-hospitalized-after-waking-up-unable-to-hear-or-walk/

• shook 2
  • hugs 7
  • sad 2

Kindness Admin 6,892

Oh wow, another fitting moment of 2020. Doesn't look like there is a cure either, :(. Hope it comes back never or very rarely.

ARTPOPster 1,319

My mom has it and she had to get a lot of help to manage it. 

I hope with Jessie’s resources she can find the right support and treatment quickly, as it wasn’t as easy for my mom in the beginning since she tried everything and had a lot of letdowns in the beginning 

• hugs 1