Mariah's most wasted single & album track

Blown Away

Miss Mariah has a lot of iconic singles. Everyone knows Fantasy, We Belong Together, All I Want For Christmas Is You, Vision Of Love, Touch My Body,... Unfortunately she also has singles that deserved better than what they got. Songs like Butterfly, Underneath The Stars, Get Your Number, Crybaby, Anytime You Need A Friend, #Beautiful,... Her albums are packed with bops, to the extent that some gems don't get the single treatment they deserve.

1. Which Mariah single deserved a lot more success than it got?
  2. Which is Mariah's most wasted single opportunity?
  • paws up 1

ARTPOPster 1,319
4 minutes ago, Delusional said:

I want to get into her discography but have no idea where to start. Does anyone have any recommendations for what album(s) to listen to first? Or what order?

Start with the album of her first #1s to see if you even like those 

and then work forwards from her first album 

spacer.png

• yaas, gaga 2

Just now, Delusional said:

I want to get into her discography but have no idea where to start. Does anyone have any recommendations for what album(s) to listen to first? Or what order?

I'd suggest to start some of her biggest hits worldwide.

Depending on the songs you like the most, I'd suggest to start with the album it's on.

• paws up 1

ARTPOPster 1,319
3 minutes ago, Blown Away said:

That's what she deserves with 19 #1 singles

Literally the #1 to infinity album contains all 19 of her #1s + the song Infinity 

Although AIWFCY is technically a bonus track I think but how meta that she has a 19 track album released in 2015 that’s still all her 19 #1s

would have been even more meta if Infinity went #1 too

• paws up 2

16 minutes ago, Delusional said:

I’m slightly confused - the first #1s album has Fantasy with a feature but the actual song on its album doesn’t have a feature. Why is this? 

You had 2 versions of Fantasy back in the day. The main version, which got played on pop radio, and a remix with Ol' Dirty Bastard, which got played on urban radio. Both versions of the song were on the CD single of Fantasy, but only the main version was on the Daydream album.

The remix is one of Mariah's personal favourites, I think that's why it ended up on the greatest hits album instead of the main version.

• paws up 1

Gaming Leader 1,282
x2

1. Which Mariah single deserved a lot more success than it got?

- Definitely Through the Rain or You're Mine (Eternal)

2. Which is Mariah's most wasted single opportunity?

- Literally don't know why Bye Bye was a single when Migrate deserved its place. I love Bye Bye, but idk.

• paws up 2
  • yaas, gaga 1

Should've been single:

MIGRATE!!!! Ugh I was SO p*ssed when she didn't release it as a single and chose BYE BYE :mess: i love BB but c'mooooon! Also I'm That Chick, Meteorite, Standing O, Giving Me Life, Caution, Stay the Night and the elusive gospel anthem Fly Like A Bird.

Singles that deserved more success:

Through the Rain, Boy (I Need You), It's Like That (i know it was big but it deserved more), Get Your Number, Say Somethin, Oh Santa!, Almost Home, You're Mine, You Don't Know What to Do, Infinity and A No No

Edited by Elvira
  • paws up 3
  • yaas, gaga 1

The Popster 28
14 hours ago, Delusional said:

Butterfly! It's her best album

• yaas, gaga 2

The Popster 124

Which Mariah single deserved a lot more success than it got?

Breakdown, Through the Rain, Boy (I Need You), The Roof, Crybaby

Which is Mariah's most wasted single opportunity?

Migrate should've been a single, better choice than Touch My Body or Bye Bye. Whenever You Call should've been a single too, and How Much

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

6 hours ago, gagarrhea said:

Which is Mariah's most wasted single opportunity?

Migrate should've been a single, better choice than Touch My Body or Bye Bye. Whenever You Call should've been a single too, and How Much

I agree so much with all of these. Migrate was the perfect choice. It charted after only one performance, it had T-Pain on it and it was on trend with 2008. They were so dumb to pick Bye Bye, really.

How Much is another one I don't get. Usher was hot and rising in 1999, he just came off the My Way album. The song is nice, and yet they pick Can't Take That Away and Against All Odds...

Whenever You Call is the only one I understand. They already had released Butterfly as a single and 5 singles had passed already. It was unfortunate though, Whenever You Call is my fave song on the album.

• thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
Popster to Popster 3,792

most underrated single: Miss You Most (At Christmas Time), Make It Happen, If It's Over, Bringin' On the Heartbreak, You're Mine Eternal, A No No No, GTFO, #Beautiful, Fly Like A Bird, Underneath The Stars, The Roof

most wasted single: Migrate, I Pray (for the TEOM era), To the Floor, JoyRide, Your Girl, Candy Bling, The Art Of Letting Go, Supernatural, Melt Away, Fourth of July