All thingsšŸ’°: Grindr to go public at $2.1B valuation

BenG

Popster to Popster 4,575
1 hour ago, GitHub said:

Ā 

On a completely non-academic note, when do we think Gaga's bf will convince her to auction off part of her genome for BTWF :billiecat:

God I hope not šŸ˜¬ I really, really hope she stays the f- away from NFTs

• 3 weeks later...
Popster to Popster 3,689
13 minutes ago, NotDoctor said:

Elon turning against Bitcoin was not something I saw comingĀ 

As much as Elon is a controversial figure, Iā€™m here for this one and applaud him as this is the type of bold type of fossil fuel ā€œdivestmentā€ signalingĀ we need from industry rnĀ 

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,689
6 hours ago, BenG said:

RIP tech stocks. I'm not even gonna look at my portfolio, especially with that GBP:USD exchange rate. :rip:

So someone just told me the other day about the negative relationship betweenĀ tech stock prices andĀ inflation. Why the strong correlation?

Pop-a-911-ster 27,331
23 minutes ago, nynj nights said:

So someone just told me the other day about the negative relationship betweenĀ tech stock prices andĀ inflation. Why the strong correlation?

If inflation is too high, the Fed will tighten monetary policy, e.g. increase interest rate. Cost of borrowingĀ increases, which meansĀ less growth for tech stocks. Also, other forms of investment/savings become more attractive, e.g. saving in banks/buying bonds due to higher rates and they are more secure than stocks. Just a few reasons. Essentially, high inflation requires the economy to slow down and cutsĀ growth.

• thanks 1

• BenG changed the title to All thingsšŸ’°: Tesla hits $1tn valuation
  • 3 weeks later...
  • BenG changed the title to All thingsšŸ’°: Apple hits $3tn valuation
Pop-a-911-ster 27,331

AAPL hit $182.86 during trading today. Apple becomes the first $3 trillion dollar company based on market cap.

• 2 months later...
  • BenG changed the title to All thingsšŸ’°: Grindr to go public at $2.1B valuation
Pop-a-911-ster 27,331

Grindr is going public via a merger with Tiga Acquisition Corp., which is a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC). The deal is valued at $2.1 billion, including debt.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...