Joe Germanotta talks struggle he faces during the pandemic as restaurant owner

Dirkje

Moderator 4,653

New York City restaurants are still struggling under strict coronavirus restrictions, with thousands failing to keep their doors open.

Joe Germanotta, owner of Joanne Trattoria restaurant and father of international pop star Lady Gaga, told "Fox & Friends Weekend" that he's constantly being kept on his toes and it's been "miserable."

"It's so disappointing because as restaurant operators, it takes several years before you finally get your restaurant going," he said. "You get the right staff and the right menu, and then all of a sudden to have the applecart upset like this, it’s horrible. It’s like starting all over again."

Source and video:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/lady-gaga-dad-nyc-restaurant-owner-inconsistent-coronavirus-lockdowns

• shook 1
  • sad 1
  • lol 1

Moderator 4,653

I really feel bad for Gaga. I mean she did so much for her family. Everyone has opinions, but does he really have to do this to her daughter?

Popster to Popster 3,752

I'm not going to say anything except for this reminds me of this guy who had an Italian restaurant and did some big spiel on our local news about how the government couldn't shut him down and he'd keep his indoor dining open, then the next day they reported he was on a list of places that got shut down and fined for operating illegally.

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,017
x3
On 1/18/2021 at 6:49 PM, blankpaper said:

Tired of him pretending like he’s a struggling restaurant owner and not just a rich old dude with a pet project :overit:

do you know him personaly? Is Gaga's fortune , his fortune too?

Trying to attack on people you dont even know

ARTPOPster 2,450
9 minutes ago, little legend said:

do you know him personaly? Is Gaga's fortune , his fortune too?

Trying to attack on people you dont even know

You’re just mad at me because your thread got locked :mess:

I guess it's ok that he's talking about the struggle of restaurant owners but if he had money to donate to reupublicans wouldn't he have some for his restaurant? Also why are people saying Gaga should just pay out the workers and pay for everything at the restaurant in the comments when it's literally not her problem. She can't be expected to come save her dad from his own struggling restaurant. I've seen the reviews of that place, their pretty bad and it seems like the only people that come to his restaurant is gaga fans